Chapter 4 - Voices

Yanfei dropped onto the muddy ground, wheezing for air. She had been running for quite a while, making her tired than she had ever been. The sound of footsteps made her freeze. "Please tell me it isn't that psycho..." Yanfei mumbled, pushing herself off the ground, limping over to hide behind a tree.

"I saw you, come out." Yanfei's eyes widened, that didn't sound like Xiangling. Then who was it? Yanfei continued to hide, she didn't want the incident at Xiangling's house to happen again. "Listen, if you won't come out, I'll come to you myself." Damn, this woman's voice was imitating. 

"Okay, okay.." Yanfei put her hands in the air as she walked into the open. The girl raised an eyebrow as she crossed her arms. "You're filthy, what the hell happened to you." Yanfei crossed her arms as well, standing her ground. "And why should I tell a stranger?"

Suddenly, a glowing rope wrapped around her neck, beginning to drag her across the muddy ground. "Hey- What the hell!" She gripped onto the rope, already knowing it would be to no avail.  "My my, we're very hostile tonight, aren't we?" Yanfei was turned, finally being able to see this woman up close.

She had dark blue hair which reminded her of a certain someone. Her green pupils stared into Yanfei's, making her a bit nervous. Her hand gently swiped across the smaller woman's cheek. "Just what are you doing-!" Yanfei struggles in her grasp as she speaks up. "You had mud on your cheek."

Yanfei's eyes widened in confusion as she stared at her, slightly flustered. "Let's get you cleaned up, yes?" Oh no, here we go again. Yanfei quickly refused, pushing her away. "I'm fine on my own." The rope wrapped around her neck again as the other girl began walking, making Yanfei fall, being dragged in the mud.

Today is just my day.

She had tried reasoning with the mysterious woman, but she would not answer, making Yanfei frustrated. Her temper and patience was slowly starting to disappear. "Look lady-" The girl scoffs, cutting her off. "It's Ms. Yelan, to you." 

"Okay Scary Woman, can you let me go?" Yelan stopped, turning to look at the filth that was laying on the ground. "Ms." Yanfei scoffed this time, giving her a glare. "Why would I respect you when I'm being dragged around like a rag-doll?"

"Listen, brat." Yelan bent down, glaring straight into her soul. "If I hear another word come out of that pretty little mouth of yours, I'll leave you here with that broken leg." She leans closer to the other, tightly gripping onto her face. "And you'll be left here to die." Yelan whispered before letting her go, getting back up. 

Yanfei sat there in silence, making Yelan smirk in response. "I guess that means you'll obey, now.. let's get going."

The rest of the trip was entirely silent.. besides the storm, which was soon becoming a lot worse. The wind began to pick up, making the trees howl in the poorly lit forest. Soon, a rather large house, no.. mansion, showed up in the distance. Yanfei's eyes sparkled in awe as she gawked in silence.

"Took longer than expected." Yelan finally spoke up, checking her watch, which was rather fancy in Yanfei's eyes. "Let's get you cleaned up, mop." Did she just- Did she seriously call me a mop..

Yanfei suddenly felt embarrassed as her cheeks heated up. "I've never been this disrespected.." Yanfei mumbled, frowning as she was being dragged once again.

"Cheer up, I could have left you for dead." Yelan replied, unlocking her door, finally removing the rope from Yanfei's neck. She sighed in relief as he hands press around her sore neck. Yanfei could already tell there was a bruise from how painful it was to touch it. 

Yanfei walked in with Yelan, feeling slightly uncomfortable. "The bathroom is to the left, look around, you'll find it." Yanfei nods, quietly walking away from the other as she begins to look around. She had to admit, wearing these muddy clothes was weighing her down. Honestly, she felt heavier than she originally was.

After spending a few minutes looking around and opening random doors, Yanfei had finally found the bathroom. She sighs in relief and immediately undresses. Her eyes made contact with the mirror which was hanging above the sink. Yanfei could finally see how filthy she really was.

She made a disgusted look as her hand slowly went to her tangled muddy hair. "Holy shit, I do look like a mop." A knock on the door made Yanfei jump as a voice called out. "Forgot to tell you, the towels are going to be under the sink!"

Yanfei responded and Yelan walked away. She slowly walked to the door, locking it in case. Stepping into the bath, Yanfei turned on the water, changing it to shower mode. No way she was going to bathe in this filth.

The hot water made Yanfei slowly smile. She hadn't noticed until now just how cold her body was, especially her hands. 

She took in a large breath as her hand slowly made her way to her breast. Biting her lip, Yanfei began rubbing her nipple, making her breathe heavier. An image of Hu Tao popped into her head as her other hand slowly made it's way down.

"What are you doing?" Yanfei jumped back, gripping onto the shower curtain, that was, until it ripped, making her fall. She groaned in pain as the water sprayed in her face.

"Hey! Are you okay?" Yanfei heard footsteps run towards the door. "I'm fine!" Yanfei called out, looking around the bathroom. The voice from moments ago was not Yelans.. then who was it? Her heartrate was pounding in her chest, she could practically hear it in her ears. "Alright then, if you need me just call!" Yelan yelled out, then she was gone.

Yanfei slowly pushed herself up, staring at the curtain in disappointment. How is she going to describe this to Yelan...

She turned the water off, stepping out, opening the bottom shelf under the sink, grabbing a towel. She looked in the mirror, noticing a bruise forming on her back. Great, another bruise to the collection. Yanfei wrapped the towel around her, slowly drying herself off.

.

.

.

"Hey, what was that back there?" Yelan questioned as Yanfei stepped out of the bathroom. "I.. I accidentally slipped on the soap.. your curtain sort of came with me.." She responded, staring at the ground in embarrassment. "Ah, don't worry about it, shit happens." Yelan gently patted her shoulder, wrapping her arm around Yanfei's waist. "Let's get you some comfortable clothes, shall we?"

Yanfei nodded, slowly looking up into her eyes. Yelan smiled down at her as Yanfei quickly looked away. Why is Yelan acting different then before? Yanfei questioned, curious as to why her demeanor changed.

Yelan brought Yanfei to a bedroom, speaking up gently. "There'll be clothes in the closet. I'm not sure if they'll fit you, but it'll cover you up." Yanfei nodded once again, turned towards Yelan who was leaning against the door. "Thank you.. for your kindness.." The girl smiles, pushing herself off the door frame. "Don't mention it." And just like that, she was gone.

Yanfei's grip tightened on the towel as a small smile slowly appeared.

---

Listen, I haven't been keeping up with Genshin. I have no idea how Yelan acts. I just watched her trailer and went off that.

Sadly, I've been slowly getting out of Genshin, hell, I haven't played it for like 2 months. This will probably be my last Genshin story. So until then, I'll make the most out of it.

Thank you guys for being here and supporting me