• Chapter Six •

Three Weeks Later

Some time had passed since Maxis was attacked by Ghostface. For the first week after the attack, there were police patrols all over the street that Maxis and Kyle lived on and the surrounding streets as well. After that week was over however, the police had gone back to their other duties. Luckily, Ghostface hadn't been seen since that night.  

***

It was currently 3 or 4 PM and people were out in the parking lot of the local college campus. Most classes were done for the day and everyone was racing to get home. Everyone except for a select few. One of them being Kyle, as he was waiting for both Shannon and Maxis to join him.

As he waited, Bryce and Evan walked by him and eventually stopped at a nearby light pole. Kyle would try to listen in to what they were saying, being the curious and nosy friend that he was.

"So, I'll be there around 6:30?" Evan spoke.

Bryce nodded, "Just come in, they know you're coming." He replied and smiled.

Evan nodded and turned towards Kyle, having noticed that he was listening in on their conversation for a while. 

"Thank god you're not the one studying to be a detective, because I knew you were listening to us." He teased.

"Shut up." Kyle quickly retorted with a chuckle, "So, what's this secret party that I'm not invited to?"

Evan chuckled in response, "The totally secret party on Bryce's expensive yacht." He laughed again, "Nah, we're just going to the campus library. We need to do some research for our presentation we're doing."

Kyle nodded, "But isn't the library closed after 5?"

"Normally yes," Bryce replied, "but I begged and pleaded with the librarian to let us come after." He added with a smile.

Evan would nod as well and reply with a joke, "He even did the puppy eyes on them."

Kyle sighed and shook his head, even if he knew it was a joke, "I believe it."

After spending a few more moments talking, Bryce and Evan said goodbye and proceeded to leave their friend there. Maxis and Shannon would show up a few minutes later and they would leave with Kyle after that.

***

It was now 6:30 and Evan was pulling into the parking lot of the campus. He'd shut off his car and grab his phone along with his bag, which held everything else he would need for the night. Then, he'd make his way towards the library.

***

After a five munute walk, he was entering the library and being quickly greeted by Bryce, who was sitting at a table. Evan would set his stuff down on one of the chairs at the table.

"Alright, let's get to it." Bryce smiled, getting up to lead Evan to some of the books that he had picked out.

Evan softly sighed and followed behind him, letting Bryce take him to where his stack was.

After grabbing a few, the two guys would go back to the table and take their seats. Bryce would pop in his earbuds and open both a book and his notebook. Evan would do the same, but not before bringing up hockey highlights on youtube, so that he could listen to that while doing his research.

***

An hour or so had passed and the two guys were now ready to take a break. They both ended up sitting their pens down and pulling their earbuds out.

Bryce looked at Evan, "How much did you get?"

Evan flipped his notebook around and showed his pages. There was about three and a half pages worth of notes. Bryce smiled as he also showed Evan his, which was about the same amount of notes.