The Day Before - Chapter 1

Date: January 22nd

Shark's perspective:

It's the day before my best friend, Moon's 19th birthday. What do I have for her? Absolutely nothing.
It would've been smarter for me to buy something for her earlier but sitting in bed watching the TV while eating Cheetos and constant procrastination got the best of me.
My mind is racing and I have no idea what I want to get for her. A gift card and a candy bar might be nice, but I have no idea where Moon shops at. This is insane, I don't even know where one of my best friend shops at and I've known her for the majority of my life and lived with her and the rest of the girls for almost a year now.
I minus we'll step out of my room for once and go to the convenience store and find a gift there. I need gas in the car anyways.
I get up from my soft blue linen sheet bed, I quickly put my two paws down onto the janky tore up carpet and start to stretch and yawn.
Lazily, with the posture of a banana, I start opening my door and walk downstairs.
"Shark, you're finally out of that room I see. Aren't you the spoiled one with that mini fridge and that bathroom that's connected to your room? Hell you've even got a toaster in there." I hear Luv tell me.
"Shut up looser. I only came out because it's Moon's birthday tomorrow." I reply in a playful manner while yawning and walking to the kitchen.
"Yeah we know. That's why we're going to the dollar store later today. Moon is even coming with us so she can pick out the cheap decorations she wants." Luv tells me with her smooth angelic voice.
"Uhh, isn't that supposed to be a surprise?" I ask. "Well yeah, it was supposed to be... but it just so happened that I found out!" Moon says happily. "Okay. Well I'm going to stop at the convince store. I will see you all later." I say while grabbing my keys from the kitchen counter.
"Wait! Can me Moon, and Luv, come with you? We wanna go to the dollar store too!" Fish asks sweetly.
"Seriously? The dollar store? Everything there breaks so easily. You all are a bunch of cheap bozos but if you insist, I can." I say in an annoyed tone.
"Don't you all know the closest dollar store that's not currently temporarily shut down is all the way in Englewood? Are you guys really willing to drive 22 minutes away with us idiots just to get some cheap whatever you're gonna buy?" Luv says attempting to convince me to not take her and the rest of my friends to the dollar store.
"Well, you all are my best friends how could I sa-" I get interrupted by Big Fish.
"While you all are going to the cheap, lame ass dollar store, I'll be going to an actually good party store... with Ash, hah! Unlike your broke ass I actually have money to spend." Big Fish says with a big white snarky grin.
"Whatever. Since you hopefully won't be going far, do you mind picking up a cake for her? I don't care where you get it from just as long as you can get a cake. I can pay you when we meet up back here." I tell Big Fish.
"Sure, sure! Count on me Shark, I'll get the best cake you've ever imagined. It'll be real pretty, maybe I'll even find a space themed cake. You can count on me." Big Fish says in a rather relaxed yet snarky manner. Big Fish walks over to me and ruffles the curly fur tuft on the top my head and walks downstairs to her room... which is also our basement.
"And there goes Big Fish. Are you guys ready to go all the way to Englewood to pick up some cheap no so secret party supplies?" I say apathetically.
"Yeah! Let's go!" Fish replies enthusiastically.
"Didn't really want to go but for the sake of memories and possible romance I suppose I will." Luv says.
"Hell yeah, I get to plan my birthday this year!" Moon adds on.