CHAPTER 2

The morning light streamed through my tall cream curtains onto my face, as my alarm yelped into my warm telling me to wake up. I groaned, pulling the sheets over my face and realised today was the day I was going to see my friends after not seeing them for years on end. I started getting really nervous, but it would be better than a shitty FaceTime call, right?

C: Rikky!

Chance yelled.

E: What's up Chance?
C: What are you doing, we're going to leave soon!
E: I know, Im just getting dressed!
C: Yeah fine, don't take too long though!

I lied. I was still sprawled out on my bed, but decided I should probably lift myself up and start getting ready. So I did. I sat in my vanity, and began applying simple makeup. Lipstick too. Once I thought I looked good, I got up, took some photos of me in the mirror but shown half of my bedroom, to post them on my Instagram to give Jake a little hint.

Once I finished doing so, I put the photos on my Instagram, and I hadn't posted in a while. Soon enough, I started getting likes and comments from multiple people and a text from Jake.

J: Where are you?
E: In my bedroom? Why?
J: Your bedroom doesn't look like that, whose house are you at?
E: Seriously, I'm at my house Jake.

He sent another text through, but I just ignored it. I started pulling my wardrobe door open. I saw a nice spaghetti strapped dress and threw it on. I viewed myself in my long interior mirror and was amazed at the sight of my body. I saw the 'Jerika' tattoo pained on my arm. I pulled the sleeve down a little more, so it hid it.

I knew Chance would stop me wearing this; but I wouldn't let him stop me wearing it. Soon enough, Chance's voice landed outside the door, and he began talking.

C: Erika! Hurry up, I can't be arsed to wait any longer!

He barged my bedroom door open, and his eyes plastered to my revealing but not revealing clothes. He shook his dead, which meant 'No way, you are not wearing that.'

He cleared his throat and hugged his body with his arms.

C: What's that?
E: This? Some old dusty thing. Why?
C: Are you sure you want to wear that? Maybe like a casual shirt and leggings? I don't know.
E: No, I think I look great. I don't wanna wear something casual, this is a big thing you know? We haven't seen them in years! Can you just calm down a little?
C: Erika, I am calm. The guys, and the girls definitely don't care how you dress.

He was already trying to make me change my outfit, but without saying it. I wasn't going to change.

E: Chance, I just feel like It's a special occasion, and I know that they don't care, but I do.
C: I know, but Rikky come on now, It's showing alot. I mean you look great, I'm not lying to you. But I just think that maybe It's a little too much? And why is it long sleeved? It's quite thick too, It's red hot outside?
E: I just felt like I needed it long sleeved Chance, and I'm aware that I look great. I'm not changing, not for you, not for anyone.
C: I think you should atleast change to something short-sleeved?
E: It's fine, I promise. I'll be fine.

Chance made an 'O' shape with his mouth, as soon as he figured out why I was wearing this.

C: Your hiding the tattoo right?

I just didn't say anything, and nodded.

C: Why are you trying to hide it?
E: I was young dumb and stupid, Chance.

I didn't want him to know that every night of last year, I scratched this Tattoo until it bled, but it somehow still stayed there. I did it all because Jake never had feelings for me, we both got this tattoo as best friends, and then he buggered off and got a girlfriend. Alissa. She was a bitch, she hated me, let's be real. Me and Jake was so close, and she knew something about me that no one ever knew.