118

"Nandini I was thinking if we could go to the restaurant first and then home,I need to keep all of these bags and stuff there. Chalegi?" asked Nyonika

"Ofcourse Mamma infact I was going to ask you if we could go home for some time" said Nandini. Though she had been to the Malhotra Mansion when she came to Mumbai , Nyonika and Raj were not in India then too and so she felt void there.

"Take Suman along if you want to.She would visit the restaurant as well as your house " said Nyonika. She had seen how Suman actually had no company other than Nandini , she would get bored definitely.

"Yeah okay" said Nandini. She went up to her room to bring along her phone and handbag.

"Hello" said Nandini getting down the stairs picking up the call.

"Mamma, what are you doing?" asked Amayra.

"I am going to Malhotra Mansion with dadi baby. Did you have something?" asked Nandini

"Yes dad gave me pasta from the cafeteria" told Amayra.

"Tell her that we will come there directly" whispered Manik but to his bad, Nandini heard him.

"Tell your dad to talk to me directly Amayra" said Nandini getting inside the car while Manik cursed himself this side.
Taking the phone from Amayra,

"You could have called me if you wanted to talk to me Nandini" said Manik trying to play smart.

"Oh please, stop it Mr. Malhotra. Take care of Amayra and have something" said Nandini as Suman got in the car and they followed Nyonika's car.

"Are you still angry?" asked Manik unsure.

"No I am not. Just bring me those pastries from MH lane" said Nandini making Manik chuckle. This is how they resolves always. Just as Nandini told Suman, whenever they fought, they knew the fight would be long forgotten once they start talking.

"Cute" whispered Suman.

"You don't handle the restaurants now do you?" asked Suman.

"I do but it's Mamma who handles it majorly. I am just needed when some major discussions are to be made or some signature work because Mamma did not agree to be the legal owner" said Nandini as Suman nodded.

The ladies went to the restaurant first. Aunt Mary among many others were really happy and excited seeing Nandini and so was she. They were all her extended family. Wrapping up things there, they came to the Malhotra Mansion.
"Nandini show Suman around, I will just settle these things." said Nyonika as a staff member helped her with the luggage.
"Suman just give me a minute . I will get you something" said Nandini

"Please Nandini don't turn that Bahu mode on. Just show me your house. Its so so pretty" said Suman looking around the mansion. The furniture, the choice of carpets, architecture and obviously the magestic chandelier that the center of the hall beheld was all beyond surreal.

The girls roamed around the house. Suman now knew why the Malhotras were known for their taste in all of these things. They knew how much elegance simple held and so was everything around simple yet surreal.

"And this is my personal favourite spot. If I miss something more than family back at London, it's this place" said Nandini sitting on the swing in the balcony.

"Oh yeah obviously. You have always been a swing girl. Do you remember we used to put that rope around the neem tree back at Mangalore and a wooden slab at the centre." said Suman as the two went back to good old days again.

"Yess , the same swing from which I hurt myself real bad" said Nandini as the two chuckled.

"But this place is special but it's not just about this swing. Its like this place has each and everything that I like, literally" said Nandini reminiscing days when this same place had witnessed all shades of Manik and her.