Blood Ties

Leipzig 1975

The Waverider landed on a field.

Gideon: we've landed in Leipzig, Germany, the most current location for Vandal Savage. And by the way, Captain, you are urgently needed in the MedBay.

Stein and Rip ran to the MedBay.

Stein: I thought she'd stabilized.

Rip: as did I.

They went to see Kendra who looked like she was having a seizure in her medical bed.

Kendra: Carter! Where's Carter?

Stein: he's gone, Kendra. I'm so sorry.

Rip: Gideon, turn that bloody noise off!

Gideon: yes, Captain.

Ray:<walks in> what happened?

Stein: Saunders appears to have had a complication.

Ray: ye- I know, what kind of complication?

Kendra: How could you leave him?<falls asleep>

Ray; is she-

Stein: MedBay gave her a sedative, but obviously her condition is worsening.

Rip went back to the bridge to speak to the others.

Rip: pieces of the dagger have apparently broken off and are, as we speak, en route to her heart.

Jax: can't we just time jump into the future where they got the stuff that can fix her?

Rip: this ship is from that very same future and has, thus far, been unsuccessful in saving her.

Snart: Kendra wouldn't survive the time jump anyway. I pay attention.

Rory: to sum up, Carter Hall is dead, the girlfriend's mot too far behind, Vandal Savage is sitting pretty in 1975, which we're all stuck in. That how the plan is supposed to work, Rip?

Rip: obviously not, but the mission is simple. We stop Vandal Savage here in the past and we save the future.

Snart: simple doesn't mean easy, Captain.

Rip: oh, I never said it was. The benefit of being a Time Master is that the length and breadth of history gives one... perspective. I've seen darker days. I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall, and even then I accomplished my mission no matter what. Gideon, what is our status?

Gideon: when the Waverider was attacked by Chronos, the jump ship was damaged. Unless you make repairs, we will be unable to-

Jax: wait, jump ship?

Rip: it's a small expeditionary vessel at the belly of the Waverider- you're a mechanic! You have a look at it.

Jax: uh... auto mechanic. Uh... spaceship. Okay, if you've got a set of wrenches, I'll see what I can do.

Rip: have Axel help you.

Rory: what about the rest of us? Do we just sit?

Rip: capital idea, Mr Rory. You're not nearly as thick as most people say. <walks out>

Rory: thick... does that mean stupid?

Axel's Lab

Axel was finishing up another part of his machine as there was a knock on the door.

Axel: what?

Jax: Axel. I need your help fixing the Waverider.

Axel:<walks out and closes the door> you won't leave me alone unless I help you, right?