chapter one

sage
houston, texas

gold diggers strip klub

i looked at my myself in the mirror in front of me. my red hair falling down my back as i touched up my make up. i stood up from the chair i was sitting on and backed up to check out my outfit. i nodded my head in approval.

"bitch get yo fine ass on that stage", i heard a voice behind me. i turned around and laughed once i seen miracle. she was the only bitch i was cool with here, i didn't trust any of these hoes not one bit. "ight i'm comin", i told her.

i slipped on my heels then start making my way to the front. i kept hearing the crowd scream 'miami' as i got closer which made me get hype as fuck. fuck up some commas was playing as i walked onto the stage, immediately grabbing the pole and the crowd went crazy. i smiled as i began shaking my ass to the beat of the song.

i began climbing to the top of the pole, letting my legs dangle i began shaking my thighs. when i knew the song was about to end, i let my body drop all the way down the pole, landing in a full split and the crowd starts to throw money and scream my stage name.

i got up from the floor, my eyes locking with a nigga in the club. he had golds in his mouth, i can tell because he was biting his lip as he looked at me. i laughed to myself as i began picking up my money before walking to the back room and heading to my locker. when i got in there the room was full of bitches.

"they loving you out there", miracle said and i smiled at her, shaking my head. i hated to brag about how much money i was getting or how many niggas came to see me. i was just here trying to make money to provide for my daughter and i. only thing i care about is her.

i put all my money in my duffel bag and began to undress out of my dancing outfit. i was left in my underwear, i grabbed a cropped tee out my bag and some sweat, then i put on some sneakers before getting all my shit together.

one thing about me, when my dance was over i be ready to go. i don't like being here any longer than i have to cause it's easy to get into drama with these bitches and i don't have time.

i walked out the room, saying my goodbyes to miracle before walking to my boss' office. i knocked and waited for the okay before walking inside and shutting the door behind me. "you know i really shouldn't give you shit", i say to him and he looks up at me, smirking. 

"listen miami, just because you bring in all the dough don't mean shit to me, now give me my cut", he says sternly. i roll my eyes and throw his money on his desk, making him glare at me. "goodbye big l", i say before he can ask me anything else. i walked out and shut the door behind me then made my way through the club. loud music blasting from the speakers.

the club was still open but like i said i like to leave when i'm done dancing. i waved goodbye to the dj and was making my way to the exit door when i was stopped by the same man that i had locked eyes with earlier.

"no i am not giving you a private dance", i say with an attitude as i tried to walk past him. i noticed he had other niggas with him, like bodyguards and shit. "look ain't no nigga tryna get no dance, let me take you away from this shit", he says looking around the club.

i laughed and shook my head. "you think you're the first nigga to say some like that? boy bye", i said as i pushed past him and walked out the exit door. i can hear footsteps behind me as i began walking towards my car. "damn so you not even gonna let me take you out?", he asks.