Chapter 1: The Beginning

"And don't forget, diapers are in the cabinet on the bottom right in the bathroom." Amara said to the young sixteen year old taking care of her kids.  

"I know."  The girl, known as Clara, said in a frustrating tone of voice.  In her defense though, Amara had been talking about where to find the same things for HALF AN HOUR!  After the first fifteen minutes, Clara had felt a bit... insulted, but this was just ridiculous.

"Sorry" Amara did seem apologetic, but was also looking for more things to explain.  However, Clara cut her off before she could start speaking.  "Don't worry!  I got this.  Go enjoy your night with Bill.¨  Amara blinked and smiled at Clara, happy that her kids were left in the hands of someone as capable as Clara.  

If only she knew.... what Clara was really like...

Clara was thrilled.  She got to babysit two kids, born to rich parents, and the one kid who might cause a problem, was young enough that spooky stories would scare the bejésus out of her.  It was the perfect job.

And if only she knew.... things wouldn't go as planned....

189 words

So.... it's short.... but I will publish the next chapter soon.  In the meantime, of you want to check out my other books on this account and my other account  

@howsitgoing25, you are welcome to.  Have a wonderful day/night/morning/evening.