Me Too (Reverse Claundy)

***Trigger/Content warning: Implied abuse, mentions of blood/injury, feelings of inadequacy, and swearing (I know that last one is nothing new, y'all know I swear.) Just wanted to give fair warning before anyone proceeds. Also, in this oneshot Claus and Andy are somewhere around 20-23 years old. *** NO SMUT/LEMONS!

(Also, kinda spoiler for the end but still: I'm not too experienced with writing kiss scenes outside of quick pecks. I tried but bare with me there if it feels off/inaccurate. Some notes or tips are appreciated. My only frame of reference is romance stories. Alright, that's all. Onward!)

Andy sat on the couch in his living room. The room was illuminated by the golden light of his side table lamp. Trying to combat boredom, he was reading a book. The only sounds coming from the raging storm outside, the sound of millions of drops of water colliding with the outside of his home and the occasional thunder. 

Every so often he looked towards his window, the constant downpour of water warping the few things he could see outside in the late, overcast evening.

Andy sighed. The book was hardly holding his attention. He decided he'd rather do something more productive. Since he couldn't really do any yard work, he might as well do something for the house.

He did mostly minor things. Washing dishes, dusting the living room, and some general tidying up. It was nothing too interesting, but it gave him something to do as his mind wandered. 

He felt… oddly relaxed. His semi-permanent, tense glare was nowhere to be seen, instead his face donned a more neutral expression. His body didn't feel as wound up as it usually did. He figured it was probably because of the rain. The smell and sound of rain was often comforting to him. His farm got free water, and he got to relax.

He swept the hallway's wooden floor (he was glad he didn't own any carpet, fuck carpet). As he swept down the hall, he passed a tall wall mirror. Margret had gotten it for him, she said it was nice to have a body mirror around. Andy never thought too much of it… for the most part. It was his reflection, no shit. Nothing shocking there. He wasn't particularly self-conscious about most of his appearance. The bags under his eyes, his slightly torn leaf, his abnormally sharp teeth, none of that really bothered him. The one thing that sometimes got to him was his stem. 

Andy shook his head, his lead and stem swaying a bit with the movement. Why was he even thinking about it? That happened when he was a kid, literally over a decade ago. He was used to it. 

Andy went back to sweeping, not wanting to dwell on it anymore.

Claus ran through the rain as fast as he could. The fabric of his clothes clinging to his body as they were drenched. He had to squint to see through the misty downpour. The wind made the already cold water even colder on Claus' body. His breathing was hard and fast, adding that with the cold made his chest hurt and teeth chatter. 

He wasn't used to running much in general, especially not such a long way through the mud and rain. Claus wasn't equipped for his sprint to Andy's farm. His previously nice shoes and pants were covered in mud, he kept getting stuck in thick pools of mud and falling over. But he couldn't go back now. After the big scene he made in front of his family members, after storming out to "prove his point", coming back that same night covered in filth would make him look foolish. And he was looked down on by his relatives enough as is. He couldn't tell if he was still crying or there was just rainwater in his eyes.  

He felt a twinge of relief in his freezing cold body when the apple farm came into view. He sprinted on the mud path between the trees. Finally he saw Andy's house up ahead, and stopped running. His legs and chest burned from the intense marathon in the rain. He felt heavy and weak. Catching his breath seemed nearly impossible.