Chapter 10: Invasion 🛸: Part 1

Next Day: New Mexico: The Apartment

Alex was laying in bed, spinning the hard-drive around in his hands, in thought.

Well actually, he was listening to the sounds of Red's complaints.

Red Box: "So, we're really just gonna keep this thing? Not even a slight temptation to sell this?"

"Nope."

White Box: "Red, he already said in the last chapter that we're out of the game. Just leave it at that."

Yellow Box: "Yeah! Just go with the flow. Be like water. Or whatever Bruce Lee said."

Red Box: "Why are you so fine with this?"

Yellow Box: "Because I'm not the voice in his head that thrives on death and gets turned on at the sight of dismemberment. You are."

Red Box: "You little-!"

"Stop your bitching, Red. I'm getting annoyed. And that shouldn't be possible because...you're a part of me." Alex says with a tiredness in his voice.

Red Box: "Or what you'll whine? I'll stop. But only cause your voice is whiny enough without you actually whining."

White Box: "Oof."

"Okay, now you're just being petty." Alex states before pocketing the hard-drive.

Then a vibrating sound could be heard from beside him.

He then grabs his phone from his nightstand, and answers.

"Hello?"

???: "You didn't kill Chance White?!"

"Oh its you! And yeah, I didn't."

???: "Seriously? I didn't pass you along the contract just so you couldn't finish it! What the hell?"

"Yeahhh, I forgot to mention...I'm out."

???: "...The fuck does that mean?!"

"I'm out of the merc business. Decided to go hero again."

Alex reveals and there was a silence on the other line.

"Uh...you there?"

???: "You. Want to be a hero. For real this time?"

"Yeah."

???: "You sure? Because last time-"

"Don't remind me." Alex says cutting her off as he sits up.

???: "Got it. Sore-subject. Have you at least tried reaching out?"

"Reach out to the guy who cut me up like shredded cheese? Yeah, I've been all over that."

???: "Not Logan. The others."

"Nope. And don't really plan to."

???: "Well, you should. At least try and call Piotr. You two were close after all."

"...How's is ol Petey?"

???: "The same. Though I heard he recently moved out of the Institute. Wanted to spend more time in the city and showcase more of his art. But he still goes on missions and helps around."

"Heh. Sounds like him...well, bye Neena."

Neena: "Wait, one last thing...if you're going to do the hero thing again...try stopping the current invasion that's happening."