⋆Meet⋆

⋆ Chapter 1 ⋆

Meet

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Walking into the building was a blur. I have no idea what to expect and who I'd be seated by in any of my classes, will they like me or not? What if they think I'm abnormal? Hell, I'm the only person in this building with bright-colored hair, they probably think I'm weird. I mean, half of my friends graduated last year so I primarily have no one here. 

That's fine though. I'd prefer to not be preoccupied this term, get my work done, and keep my head down. Pacing into school I hear 'Lay It Down' by Steelix playing. The music brought a smile to my face as I headed to my locker. I put my jumper in it and headed to my first class, I looked at my paper schedule and my first class is... "Ugh, Chemistry.." I quietly remark out loud—my most minor class. I look at my Academy map and try to find the classroom, even though I've been in this school for 2 years, they added some renovations and added a science wing, so the chemistry class is there, if only I knew how to get there.

-⋆* RING*⋆-

"Shit," I state out loud, "I'm late." Oh well, Looks like I just gotta look for that stupid science wing even harder.

After 2 minutes of searching, I finally found that god-awful science wing, I hear 'Runaway baby' by Bruno Mars playing in my ear. Soon my classroom is at the very end of the extended hallway. I do as the song tells me, and I run to my classroom and stop at the door, I open the door and everybody turns their heads to look at me. My Instructor looks at me cheerfully, and then he says

"What would be your name, dear?"

"Harper Wicknslex," I say back

"Harperrrr...." he drags out the 'r' and runs his finger down the paper on his clipboard.

"Oh! Harper! You're next to Thomas Simons! All the way in the back to the right!" he expresses, "Oh also, no earbuds in class please." He says while constructing the gesture for me to pull out my earbuds. I unplug the cord that fastens them and wrap them up while putting them in my bag. I walked over to the far right corner and noticed I sat next to this blonde boy named Thomas. I place my bag underneath the table next to my seat. "Nice hair," He says

"Thanks.." I remark with a bored countenance.

He then puts his elbow on the table and rests his head on his palm.

"You're not too happy to be in this class, are you? Well, I'm Thomas, but you can call me Tom or Tommy. And you areeee?" he says while dragging out the 'are'.

"I'm Harper, I don't have a nickname because I'm cool like that." I kid sarcastically.

"What made you choose that colour?" he states, going off-topic.

"What?"

"Your hair, what made you go purple?"
"Uhh, well I despise the colour purple so I decided 'why not' "

"Really? You don't like purple? Well that's a shame because I love the color purple" He then directs my attention to a purple braided loom bracelet on his wrist that says "Fuck", Just plainly, the word 'fuck'

"Real passionate," I say sarcastically while grinning, "Why do you even like that colour anyway? It's so boringgg" I state dragging off.

"What's your favourite colour then? Y'know, if mine is sooooo boring." He says back,

"Orange, most definitely orange" I gleam back

"Then why don't you dye your hair orange then?"

"Because that's also boring" I express back,

"Really? How so?" the inquiries, clearly baffled.

"Well I suppose dying your hair your favourite colour, is a too generic thing to do, so I thought, 'hmmm what about a colour I hate?' And bingo! That colour is purple." I explain

"I guess that makes sense," Tommy says back, bringing his head off of his palm and turning to the board in the front of the classroom. I then take out my Chemistry book, and chemistry notebook, setting them on the table along with my pencil, and orange ballpoint pen. Out of the blue, Tommy looks down at my pen and grasps it, then proceeds to grab his notebook from his bag, he sets it down on his side of the desk, rips out a corner from his notebook, and notes down something on it. He then folds up the note and gives it to me. I reopened the note and saw..

"887/xxx/xxxx -Tommy (Text me sometime☺)" I looked at him and smiled. He handed me my pen and I took it back from him.

"Give me your hand," I tell him,

"Why?" he questions.

"Just do it!" I exclaim back,

He finally gives me his hand and I take off the cap on my pen. I then drew a smiley face and wrote the word "Okay :)" As a reply to his note, after I wrote it I saw Tommy's grin in the corner of my eye. Then our discussion moves on to other topics, like, his dog, favourite season and favourite subject, and tons of other stuff too. But soon school was over, as it was a half-day today, seeing as it's the first day (thank god) and I walked back home, blasting "Tek it" the Sped up version because that's the only valid way to listen to it, In my opinion at least. While walking home I think of the new friend I made, Tom simons. I know that his favourite colour is purple, he has two dogs named Walter and Betty, his favourite school subject is maths and his favourite season is winter, his favourite song is 'Here Comes the Sun' by the Beatles, and his favourite band is Radiohead. I'm glad to have met him today, maybe chemistry won't be as dull as I thought.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

(A/N! HEYYY NEW BOOK CHECK!!! THANKS 

FOR HELPING WITHE THE WRITING ASPEN

I LOVE YOUUUU)