When She Arrived

Annie slung her backpack over her shoulder as she made her way to the bus for her very first day of middle school. This was a new start for her. She had left all of her old friends behind because she knew they were not good to her. The teasing was always prevalent in her life, whether it came from her "friends" or complete strangers. Annie shrugged it off and always played cool. She didn't understand what they were doing and thought this was normal, that everyone is teased when they are young. But this year, she vowed to stand up for herself, no matter what it would take.

The bus pulled to a screeching halt and the doors flung open. Annie took a deep breath and climbed up the steps. She scanned around for an empty seat and ended up sitting next to a girl with brown hair and glasses. "She looks friendly enough." Annie thought to herself.

"Hello-" She tried to get the girls attention but she couldn't hear her and seemed to ignore her advances, so Annie gave up trying. They had finally arrived at the middle school and as Annie was getting up, the girl she had sat next to met up with her friends. Annie overheard her talking about sitting next to this girl on the bus who she called "ugly" and "smelly". That bothered her because she was wearing her grandmother's perfume and, "Everyone's ugly in middle school." she thought. She didn't let it get to her but she assumed this group of girls was the one she had to watch out for. Annie was convinced they were your typical mean girls.

She made her way to the cafeteria where she was handed a schedule and sent to her first class of the day, History. As she arrived, the teacher had assigned seats for everyone. She slowly read each card on the desk to determine where she was sitting. Annie finally found her desk and plopped down in her chair. Curiously, she looked over to read who would be sitting next to her. Annie rolled her eyes as she said to herself, "Jessica... oh great, this should be fun."

Jessica was her ex best friend who now hated her guts for no reason. Probably because she was never going to be the popular-type like Jessica. Then she arrived.

Jessica found her name at the desk next to mine and sighed. "You sat me next to this bitch?" She shouted at the teacher. "I thought you knew better, my daddy pays your paycheck, did you forget who's in charge here?"

"Yes, Ms. Ravanov, sit wherever you'd like." Mr. Shoul was trembling from her words. He did not want everyone knowing her daddy was the boss of him, especially on the first day of school, how would anyone take him seriously?

Ms. Jessica Ravanov glared at the kids in the room, "You." she pointed, "Switch spots with me." A small scrawny kid hurried up his stuff to move next to me. Not without her gleaming at his every move.

I couldn't take what I was seeing. How could she treat these people with no respect? I can handle it, I've been through this before, but I refuse to let her walk all over everyone. I started to fume as I gave her the death-stare. All of a sudden, Jessica's desk started levitating. She freaked out, hopping out of her seat and shouting, "My desk is moving! What's happening???" The class burst out laughing, thinking she couldn't be serious. "Don't you dare laugh at me! I will have you pay!" A scared little child she was being humiliated in front of everyone. "Did I actually move her desk?" Annie thought to herself. "Let me try this again..." Annie forced Jessica's desk to hit her in the stomach pinning her against the wall. She fell over with her arms sprawled across the desk. Annie kept ramming the desk into her repeatedly. "Finally, payback." She thought. Annie's eyes turned a pale white as she manifested what she would do to her. The entire class was in shock, staring at Jessica's magic desk that was delivering her karma. Annie stood up, "You have made us live in hell for years, not this time Jessica."

"You-!" Before she could finish her sentence, Annie used her newly found powers to lift Jessica off the ground. "What are you doing? Put me down now!"

"That's not good enough Jessica."

"I'm sorry please don't hurt me." She began to plead for her life.

"Oh no. It will be much worse." Annie shoved the air with her hand and sent Jessica flying into the whiteboard. Jessica had fainted when she hit the wall.

"Listen up everyone, I'm your new leader. You will acknowledge me only as 'Your Grace' from now on. As I am swift to be graceful with justice." Annie stood in front of the class giving her classmates new rules. "Go. Tell everyone what you've seen today, and tell them who they need to fear." Annie sat down and the class was silent until the bell rang for dismissal.