one.

"hm.."

..

"puzzle. a real puzzle."

"yes. heizou. you've said this a million times. we know it's a puzzle, we know it's hard just get to the damn point."

heizou looked at the board infront of him. there was an endless amount of thread connecting each picture and each piece of evidence. it was a mess.

the detective he was currently tasked to work with was on his last straw with the man.

"..you know what, you're on your own. i don't know how you'll even find anyone to work with you." the detective scoffed, before abruptly packing up his bags and storming out of the room.

heizou stared at the doors blankly, holding his chin between his fingers in thought.

"hm.. anyway."

he continued staring at the board without a care in the world.

the detective was right. just WHO could work with this man?!

..

~~~~~~~~~~~

i huffed as i had reached the final stretch to the kamisato estate. making the trek between inazuma city and the kamisato estate was definitely not an ideal thing for me, but oh well.

i swung my arms aggressively as i stepped into the entrance of the walls, hirano tipping his hat and bowing slightly as i passed by.

after some idle and rushed chit chat with the representatives, i made my way into the residence as i had been called there by the head of the yashiro commission.

i stood in the entrance of the residence patiently, as i heard footsteps approach.

"ah, y/n. you're here. kamisato ayatos been awaiting on your arrival." thoma spoke formally, before turning around and signalling for me to follow, before he disappeared around the wall.

i took a deep breath, before following him. i hadn't been called to the estate in some time, so this was unexpected and nerve wrecking.

was i getting fired? no.. i couldn't be.

thoma led me into a large room, and at the top of it was a desk piled halfway to the roof with books and files.

and who other sat there than kamisato ayato himself.

"l/n y/n. it's a pleasure to see you once more." he calmly spoke, not looking up from his papers.

"kamisato ayato.. it's a pleasure to see you once more." i bowed my head, keeping it hung infront of his presence.

"now now.. no need for the formalities y/n. you've done a lot for us and you're ayakas friend. any friend of hers is a friend of mine." he stifled a short laugh, looking up from his papers and smiling.

i slowly lifted up my head, smiling awkwardly at him, before my shoulders fell in relief. "of course.. what did you summon me here for exactly?"

"..well.. i don't know if you've heard.. well.. of course you've heard.. your our very own detective." he laughed.

"kaos has been on the go for a long while now, and everyone now more than ever has been trying to find her. i don't know if you're fit for the case yet but if you are, there's someone that could use your help."

i perked up slightly. seeing as i was the detective for the yashiro commission of all of the tri-commissions, i never exactly had the chance to have a mission, but now i had a chance.

"..i'll take up the task. however.. who would i be working with?" i questioned.

"you see.. he's a detective from the tenryou commission. hard to work with, but the latter agrees he needs help with a case like this.. so good luck." he explained.

"but oh well. i'll send word to the tenryou commission of your acceptance."

i stared at him as if he had two heads. what kind of detective is hard to work with?

..

~~~~~~~~~~~

"NO."

"okay then.. how about this?" the detective reaches out to touch the threads of the evidence, but heizou rudely slaps his hand away.

"don't touch my damn board."

"IM JUST TRYING TO GET THIS FINISHED SO I CAN GO HOME." the detective yelled.

man.. he really was hard to work with.

"look. just go. i cant stand you messing up my board any further." heizou scoffed, waving him off before folding his arms.

the detective quickly packed his things and stormed out of the room, almost bumping into someone else who was currently entering the room.

"shikanoin heizou. this is the third detective today. what's happening?" kujou sara held the door open with her hand, sighing in annoyance.

"they're all no help. don't bother sending in another." he scoffed, not looking away from the board.

"right.. but we have one more detective whose agreed to work with you. they'll be arriving here shortly from the yashiro commission."

heizou still glared at the board.

now, not to lie, kujou sara had lost heizou after the first word, so he didn't really understand what she had said. he was just too busy looking at the threads on the board.

..yep. he's one hard detective to work with.