three.

after a long night of bickering and fighting over the board, heizou and i decided to go out for some coffee to wake up.

and by heizou and i deciding, i mean that i dragged him out of the study by his hair.

heizou scratched his head, his eyebrows furrowed. "did you have to rip my hairs out like that.."

"if it means that you get some sunlight and i can get some coffee.. then yes." i sighed as we approached yukios food stand.

i heard a bored sigh from next to me as i approached the stand.

"ah! it's you from yesterday! i can only assume you've come for a morning refresher at this time in the morning madam!" yukio beamed, getting a cup ready.

"yes! make that two servings off coffee though." i laughed, elbowing heizou, who huffed and rubbed his arm. "ouch."

yukios eyes seemed to widen at the request, but he shakily nodded and turned away, beginning to prepare the cups.

i side eyed heizou with a raised eyebrow, before looking down toward my pocket, pulling out my mora pouch and pouring out 2,000 mora.

yukio handed us each a cup. "seeing as you're so kind, i'll give you a deal. 1,000 mora for the two cups." he smiled.

"1,000 mora for even two cups is too much but whatever.." heizou muttered, turning his head away and sipping his coffee. well. there was no refunds now.

i ignored him, before handing over the mora. "thank you so much." i bowed, before walking away, heizou following with a grim expression.

"why were you so rude to him, aren't you supposed to be representing one of the tri-commissions?" i questioned, gripping my cup tightly before taking a sip.

"unlike you, i couldn't care less what the state of the tenryou commission is in. i just want to work." he spoke with a straight face before walking off ahead.

i slowed down, analysing him. wherever he decided to walk, people moved out of his way and gave him foul looks, but he didn't seem to care.

i was determined to get down to the bottom of his stubbornness and the fact that people didn't like him.

..and i also wanted to be able to touch the board.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"tch.. pathetic." the adeptus clicked her fingers, her all seeing orb quickly disappearing from her sight.

kaos sat at the top of a long hall. the walls were constructed purely out of water using her hydro mimic abilities. beautiful, clear fountains adorned the walls, pouring into pools that swirled around the sides of the hall.

she had been isolating herself there for a while. sending out her duplicates to do her dirty work.

the adeptus had created a dimension for herself using her pure hydro ability. she called it the mizuki.

kaos rested her head in her hand, calling out. "DUPLICATES."

suddenly, four hydro portals summoned infront of her, and four duplicates that looked exactly like her each hopped out of one, bowing infront of her.

"any recent activities that i should be aware of? shall i ask in order?" she questioned, standing up and walking over to the four, hovering over them.

she turned to the first duplicate. "daichi.. anything?"

daichi only looked at the ground, avoiding their masters gaze.

"tutut.. how about you then.. aki?"

aki hung their head, shaking their head slowly.

kaos only tutted. "hmph.. saburō?"

they hung their head too.

kaos turned to the final duplicate.

"and you.. emiko?"

they hung their head aswell.

"so.. you're meaning to tell me.. you've done NOTHING and i've been waiting around for no news?!"

they all bowed their heads, not having any good excuses for their laziness.

"fine. daichi. go out, cause some trouble and don't keep quiet about it. the rest of you standby until further notice." kaos waved her hand, before returning to her seat, as the four of them disappear back into their portals.

~~~~~~~~~~~
"am not."

"are too."

"AM NOT, AND DONT YOU SAY ARE TOO."

"BUT YOU ARE."

heizou and i had been arguing the entire way back to the headquarters on if he was stubborn or not. he thought he wasn't and he was adamant.

how stubborn.

we walked back into the headquarters, making our way to the study.

as soon as we stepped in, we stopped.

the board was empty.

but not only that, the study had been completely ransacked. the window was broken into and all of our evidence was gone.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" heizou rushed over to the board, ripping off the broken threads in disbelief.

i stepped further into the room, looked at the board, before noticing something on the floor.

water.

i followed the trail right toward the window, where the water climbed up the wall before exiting through the broken part of the window.

"uh.. shikanoin? theres water all over the floor.. leading up to the window."

heizou glanced over from the board, raising an eyebrow.

"..what.." he dipped his pinkie finger into the water, before sticking his finger into his mouth and tasting it.

"ew.. thats gross shikanoin."

he rolled his eyes, before walking toward his desk, removing his finger from his mouth.

"this isn't any normal water, l/n. it's hydro." he sighed, scanning through his ransacked desk.

"this is weird.. all of my files are here.. except for the ones on kaos." he muttered.

i stared at the desk for a moment, tapping my chin. "uh.. what element does kaos use?"

"i believe it's.. hydro. she wields a catalyst."

"and there's hydro droplets all over the room, right?"

"right."

"..cant you see what i'm getting at shikanoin?!"

"..." he looked down at the droplets for a moment, before his eyes widened, looking back up.

"dyou really think she'd have the time to come here and take my files?!"

"no.. but if she really didn't want to be caught then it's a possibility." i sighed, gathering my things.

"and what dyou think you're doing."

"i'm going to investigate the surrounding area. you wanna come or sulk about your board?"

"i- I WASNT SULKING ABOUT MY BOARD." he yelled, gathering his stuff too.

"you were sulking in silence then, shikanoin."

i exited the study, heizou following and protesting about what i had just said.