Chapter 14

Maya had looked at the sun that was slowly coming up while her mind was restless. All through the night, Maya had thought about what could happen if she were to compete, and if the Heartbeaters would win. It would definitely mean a lot to her and to the team. But she also knew it would cost her, her relationship with Addison. Maya heard a truck pulling up to the park as she sat up and smiled as she saw how it was Josh. After their sudden kiss shared yesterday, Maya was definitely weary to see him before the competition, or even there.

"Hart, what are you doing? It's literally freezing," Josh said as Maya smiled and got up.

"Addison went all crazy last night saying if I compete with you guys today, our sister relationship is over, so I had to get out of the house early," Maya said.

"Is everything still rough with you girls? Has it not gone better?" Josh asked as Maya shook her head.

"No, it hasn't. And it definitely is driving me more than crazy. She's my twin sister. And although I do love her, I don't want to let you guys down," Maya said.

"If you need to pull out to save your relationship with Addison I..."

"No. Addison Hart is not going to win. You have spent hours working with me to get all of the moves into my brain. I'm not giving up. Not yet," Maya said.

"Don't do this for me. Because then you are going to lose your sister and that is not why I had started this group," Josh said.

"Why did you start this group, Josh?" Maya asked.

"My mother got pregnant with me when she was pretty much the age that most people would become grandmothers. My brothers were almost out of the house and they needed to provide for me. So when I started the group, my only intention was to build a life for myself as a dancer. And I won't let two sisters fall apart because of that," Josh said.

"You took a chance on me. So now I am going to make that pay off for you. I'll see you at the competition," Maya said as she was off.