don't you

Y/N's POV
Hey, I knew I'd run into you somewhere
It's been a while, I didn't mean to stare

"Jusko Y/N inabot na tayo ng siyam siyam dito. Bahala ka diyan mauuna na muna ako sa topside. Baka mahirapan tayo maghanap ng upuan mamaya." Thea growled beside me.

I'm too busy looking at the clothes to mind her. She gave me a shove which finally got my attention. "Ano ba" I glared.

"Bingi ka ba?"

"Oo na layas na. Susunod na lang ako" I said, shoving her back. She reached out to me for a hug before walking away.

I kept looking for clothes that I think would look good on me before going inside the fitting room to try them on.

Sa dami ng damit na sinukat ko, I didn't even realize that so much time has passed until Thea gave me a ring.

I hurried my way to the cashier because Thea has been waiting for a while and she screamed at me that I should hurry dahil "mamamatay na raw siya sa gutom".

After paying, naglakad takbo na ako, almost stumbling a couple times because of the amount of shopping bags I'm carrying.

"Shit" I cursed under my breath as my frame collides with another, while walking in a haste, making me drop all the shopping bags I'm holding. I touched my head, feeling it ache because of its collision with the other person's shoulder.

"Sorry oh god. Let me help" I heard the other person say as I'm still holding my head, wincing.

"It's okay. I got it." I said, bending down to pick up my stuff.

I looked up just as the other person bent down with one knee on the ground and handed me one bag.

When our gaze met, I felt my world come into an abrupt halt. I stopped dead, suddenly unable to breathe. My eyes traveled to her face and my stomach flipped.

My heart beating furiously. Breath caught in my throat.

Tricia

My Tricia

Our stare didn't waver towards each other. Both of us too shocked to move. Both of us too shocked to look away.

As I stare at her, it felt like something moved between us, almost as if I should reach out and try to grab the air surrounding our bodies—like perhaps my hand would come back holding something tangible, something familiar and warm...and longing.

I blinked, able to look away as her eyes finally darted from mine.

I snapped out of reality as I hurriedly picked up the remaining shopping bags in the floor, mumbling a thanks, as she remained frozen on her spot.

I stumbled on my feet and dragged myself out of the suffocating place but not before she called out my name making me stop on my tracks. I shivered at the sound of my name coming out of her lips. I felt my knees weaken. I never thought I'll hear that again.

I squeezed my eyes shut, hating my feet for stopping. I didn't have the strength to look back. I just waited for her to speak. Waited for her to say something.

Deafening silence enveloped us for a moment, but was broke by my phone ringing, making me flinch. It's Thea.

I finally had the courage to look back at Tricia who's standing there like a lost puppy, thinking of something to say.

"Sorry, Trish" My heart skipped a beat at the feeling of her name forming in my mouth. I missed that. "I really have to go."

I walked away in a haste, not hearing anything else from her as I do.