01|What Makes Me Happy?

"What makes you happy?" Scott asked curiously as the music played loudly in the background at the party.

I asked myself what makes me happy and looked at Stiles who was dancing recklessly on the dance floor. I smiled.

Scott noticed my smile and looked in the direction that I was looking. "You like Stiles," he said with a light smile.

"Yeah, yeah I do,"I couldn't deny it. I turned to him and smiled, but then my worst fear became a reality as I turned my head back to Stiles and saw him kissing Lydia. My smile faded away, and my eyes started to water. I felt as if my heart had shattered into a million pieces.

Scott turned around and saw Stiles and Lydia kissing too. His smile slowly started to fade, and he looked at me with concern and back at them. "Scott, I'm really tired, so I'm gonna go," I said trying to hold back my tears as i walk away quickly.

"Hey Y/n, wait!" Scott called out, but I had already left.

He watched me walk away with my head down and my eyes full of water. "Oh Y/n," he sighed. He felt bad for me and wanted to give me a hug, but he thought it was best to give me some space.

As I was walking, Allison saw me. "Hey Y/n!" she yelled. I heard her, but I ignored her and kept walking, holding back my tears. I exited the party and went outside.

As I walked out, Allison noticed me and called out my name, but I ignored her and kept walking, trying to hold back my tears. I didnt want to talk to anyone at the moment. I just wanted to get away. I needed to get away.

Stiles turned around after he heard Allison yelling Y/n's name and saw the door shut. "Was that Y/n walking out the door?" He mumbled to himself. He started to walk toward the front and ended up by me. He looked like he was about to talk to me.

"Hey Scott, I'll be right back. I need to go talk to Y/n," He yelled over the loud music while he pointed and walked toward the door.

When Stiles said that he needed to go talk to y/n, I saw a disaster in the making. "Stiles, I don't think..." I said, trying to tell him it was not a good idea, but he was already gone.

When I walked out of the door, it was like an ocean came flooding out of my eyes. The boy that I liked kissed another girl who is also my friend. I just kept asking myself, "Why not me?" This whole situation had my head spinning.

I was stressed just thinking about all that had happened. I started having a panic attack, and the crying felt so much worse. I felt as if I couldn't catch my breath, and my heart was racing. I slowly slid down to the floor and went up against the wall.

Suddenly, I heard the door open and saw Stiles walking out. He saw me on the floor, and his eyes widened. "Y/n!" he said worriedly. His eyes widened as he saw me crying, and he ran up to me.

"Stiles, I can't breathe." I said, struggling as I was crying.

He got on the floor and got in front of me. "Y/n, look at me, okay?" he said, reassuring me. I was struggling to breathe. My breathing got faster and louder the more time that passed.

"Y/n, it's okay," he said in a calm voice. I looked up at him, and I started to think about him and Lydia. I started crying harder than I was before. Then, in a blink of an eye, he kissed me, and suddenly everything went blank. I was in shock, and my eyes widened.

We slowly broke apart and backed away while we looked eye to eye

We slowly broke apart and backed away while we looked eye to eye. There was an awkward silence while we sat there staring at each other. My panic attack went away, and I was back to normal.

Then, I heard someone's quick footsteps coming out of the building towards us. "There you are! I've been looking all over for you!" Lydia said as she looked at Stiles. She then looked at me with a concerned look on her face.

"Oh my gosh, Y/n, are you okay?" she asked me after she saw the tears on my face while I was on the floor. I wiped away my tears.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I said with a slight smile. I looked at Stiles, then at Lydia, and I took a deep breath. "You know, it's getting late. I should get going," I said as I stood up from the floor, wiping my clothes to get whatever that might be on it off.

Stiles stood up next to Lydia also wiping his body off. "So, uhh Y/n, do you need a ride?" he asked me awkwardly.

"No, I'm fine. I was just gonna ride with Scott and Allison," I said while I picked up my purse from the floor.

"Are you sure? I could just take you because we're heading that way a-" He tried to say before I interrupted him.

"I'm fine, Stiles!" I shouted as I walked away towards Allison and Scott who also just walked out the bulding. I was frustrated and hurt. I never wanted to talk to him again. Maybe it would be best for me to get over him.