i - city slicker is not so slick

"Mom, how about some asparagus?"

Jeongin suggests to Mrs. Yang that got the woman's eyebrows furrowing, getting confused at the way the younger was acting. Because Jeongin never really appreciated going to the Farmer's Market downtown because it was always hot in there plus there were a lot of people everywhere. But now, he was more than happy to accompany his mom.

"Your dad already bought some."

"Then let's get some beef jerky!" he suggests again.

"I thought you didn't like them?" Mrs. Yang chuckles. "What's with the sudden change of heart?"

Right. He doesn't really like beef jerkies but Chan's mom sells those and Jeongin is already running out of excuses to stop by at their stall. "Uh, corn?"

"Dear, we live in the town that produces the most corn than everywhere else in the country combined," she replied. "I don't think we'll ever run out of it."

"Oh come on, Mom. Let's just go to their stall. Aren't you even going to stop by and say hi to Mrs. Bang?"

"I would love to, dear, but she is pretty busy. Have you seen their stall?" his mom sighs. "People are lining up to buy something from them. Even if I love their ghost pepper cheese so much, I'll have to just come by later."

"Then let me go get them for you! They might run out of those amazing cheese," Jeongin enthusiastically says. "I can stay there and wait in line—"

"No need for that. I can just give her a call—"

Jeongin whines. "But mom! Why can't we just go and buy some now? We're already here. It'd be too much work for later."

"Why are you so keen on buying something from their stall?" his mom laughs at his reaction. She spares a glance towards that stall and right then, she understood why her son was so giddy about going. "Jeongin, please don't tell me you just want to stop by as an excuse to get a closer look at Chan?"

Well, she's not wrong. Jeongin crosses his arms and starts walking ahead of his mom, too embarrassed to admit to the fact that he's just like those people on Mrs. Bang's stall—trying to get a glimpse of their son, Chan.

"You stayed the whole afternoon at their house yesterday. Give it a rest," Mrs. Yang taps his back. "You already gave Chan a hard time by messing up a lot at the farm. I think it would be best if you leave him alone for now."

Jeongin raises his head up a bit to see the busy stall where Chan was helping out Mrs. Bang in the market. Then he sighs, finally giving up the matter at hand. His mom is actually right. He lied his way into spending time with Chan yesterday at the farm when in fact he hadn't even moved a single finger before when it comes to farm-related stuff, so in result, he messed up a lot even with the simplest things.

Chan only ended up cleaning up after him which only added to the bunch of things he had to do that day. You could say that he was pretty much pissed with Jeongin, if he wasn't already.