Jinhwan and Hyuna

Jinhwan opens his eyes.

He blinked at the sight of the ceiling illuminated by the pale moon.

"This isn't our room."

Sitting up, he got a full view of the room. It was big with several beds lined up. Some filled with sleeping children under the covers and some vacant.

He came to one conclusion. The orphanage.

"Wasn't this place closed down?"

Jinhwan raises both hands, it's smaller and shorter.

"What the..."

After a moment of contemplation,  he pinches himself. Hard. It brought tears to the corner of his eyes.

"Yeah...this is not a dream."

Releasing himself from his pinch, he looked beside him.

His sister, Hyuna, had her back turned but he can tell she's awake. Probably freaking out.

She's not side sleeper after all.

He wonders, doe she have these past memories too?

"I wonder"

Jinhwan let out an obnoxious cough before quickly saying "Miss Hankyung" followed by another obnoxious cough.

Hyuna finally turns to him, blinking.

Registering what he said, she brings her fist to her mouth and coughed back "Gahin Yoon" followed by another cough.

Jinhwan grins knowing he's not the only crazy one here.

Hyuna sits up and the first thing she did was slap him across the face.

"Holy- This is real!" Hyuna exclaims as if their earlier exchange meant nothing.

Mistaking her intention, he grabs her by the hair and started pulling at it causing her to grab his cheeks and pinches it harshly while both twins started shouting.

The caretaker rushed in and pulled them away. After a nice earful of sermon, the caretaker puts them back to sleep.

Of course, they just kept their eyes closed until the caretaker left.

.
.
.

"Apologize." Hyuna demanded.

"No way! You started it." Jinhwan glares at her.

"Excuse you, I'm trying to see if this all a dream."

"By slapping me? You really are a crazy bitch."

"Bitch?! How dare you call your sister a bitch."

"Well you look like one."

"Jokes on you, we're twins!"

All the bickering and whisper yelling eventually led the twins just laying down on their backs. Contemplating what to do next.

It was quiet.

Too quiet.

They would've loved it cause they would sleep easy but not with all the thoughts in their mind.

.
.
.

"Jinhwan...Is life worth living?" Hyuna thought out loud.

Jinhwan looks at her with shock that bordered horror.

"Hey... Didn't I tell you someone believes in you and your change? So why are you giving up now?"

"Yeah but...we went through so much before and here we are... we're starting all over again."

Although Jinhwan agrees, he couldn't help but smack his sister on the forehead.

"Ow, hey!"

"One, that's for hitting me and two, you are an idiot."

"Excuse me?!

"We are back in time before all the horrible crap could've happened. Right before you met Hanwool, right before I was blackmailed by your stupidity, and right before you became a criminal. Sis, can't you see? We have all the time in the world and this time, we can do better. You have a chance to do better."

"Jinhwan, I'm scared I'll make the same mistakes..."

"Then I'll beat you until you're back on the right path."

"Oh wow, sibling violence, where did I not see that?"

"Sis."

"I'm kidding, it's just...how are we sure if things will be exactly the same?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we're back in time before everything could happen and we somehow still have our memories. We can't be sure if everything will be the same..."

"You read too many Isekai novels."

"Am not!"

"But seriously sis, if that's true then we're better prepared than ever before."

"Yeah...I guess you're right."

The twins felt the clouds in their minds clear away. Eyes feeling heavy, they close it and let themselves get lost in the realm of sleep.

Until...

"Sis?" Jinhwan pesters once again.

"What now?" Hyuna hisses, pinching her already closed eyes even more, desperately trying to get back that bordering feeling of sleep that Jinhwan had to disturb.

"Promise you won't be mad?" Jinhwan whispered.

"Just say it so I can get over it" Hyuna groaned. She knows her twin brother would never sleep if he doesn't get to say what's bothering him in the middle of the night.

She wouldn't mind leaving him to stay up all night, that's his problem.

Except for the fact he also makes it her problem as well. So, she might as well entertain what his dumbass had to say.

"We're gonna go through puberty again." Jinhwan whispered, his eyes seemingly losing its shine from his revelation.

And that snapped Hyuna's eyes open.

With that, Hyuna lets out a demonic screech at the top of her lungs waking everyone up in the orphanage including the staff.

It prompted her a punishment and scolding from the caretaker but that pain meant nothing compared to the pain they had go through during puberty.

Again.