Chapter 9

After Tom was done settling Harry in, he spoke briefly to Albert and had the house elves set up in a room in the manor for him, and then he called a special meeting and went down to the throne room. He paced back and forth in front of the throne waiting for his followers to arrive; his power rolling off of him in angry waves. It was a terrifying sight to see, his eyes were blazing red, his hands clenched and unclenched by his sides and his mouth was set in a firm angry scowl.

Impatience settling in, Tom stalked past the Death Eaters that had come in to the door in the corner. He wrenched the door open and let it bang against the wall. Whispers filled the air behind him as he went down the stairs to the dark dungeons. He stopped at a cell and flicked his wand to open the gate.

Bellatrix looked up from her position on the floor covered in numerous scratches and dried blood with wide hopeful eyes, "Master?"

Tom snarled at her and grabbed a handful of her long black hair and started to drag her back toward the stairs. He ignored her whimpering as he felt some of her hairs break off of her scalp and dragged her up the stairs into the throne room where all the Death Eaters now awaited. They parted to let him through; several throwing disgusted looks at Bella and others of fear from their Lord.

Tom threw Bella in the center of the circle and stood on the steps that lead up to his throne. "Look," he hissed out, "At the woman that dared to disobey me. And you know I do not tolerate disobedience." Tom said and continued his pacing in front of her. "Especially when I specifically told you not to harm Harry. And yet..." he stared down at Bella, "you did."

"M-my Lord...I-I was just trying to set things right. That little whore-"

She stopped there as Tom backhanded her, "Don't you dare speak of him like that!"

"B-but my Lord, he has a spell over you!" she tried to defend herself.

Tom's eyes blazed, "Crucio!" he let her screams echo off the walls for a minute, then released the spell. "Do you really think I would let anyone bewitch me? Lord Voldemort? Do you think me a fool?"

"N-No my Lord!" Bella croaked, "I would never!"

"Then you do not believe me," he stated. Bella said nothing, which only angered Tom further, "What? You do not believe that I cannot fall in love? That I am undesirable!"

"No! No master you-"

"MAYBE!" he shouted over her, "Maybe, it is the fact that it is Harry Potter, my...supposed enemy. The boy who is supposed to be my down fall. But I don't care, none of that matters now. Right now..." Tom's eyes flashed, "...right now I am going to kill you Bellatrix Lestrange. You disobeyed me and almost cost me my child. That act...is unforgivable."

"My Lord. Please!" Bella cried crawling forward, "Please. I just thought...you just suddenly..."

"Suddenly what? Changed?" Tom asked throwing his arms out and asked the room at large, "Isn't it for the better?"

Several voices murmured in agreement and clapped, but it was disrupted by Bella's adamant shriek, "No! This isn't you my Lord. Potter did something, I know he did."

Tom glared at her and stepped down the stairs. "Yes. He did. He taught me to love. And I am happy. For once in my life...I am at peace."

"But my Lord. Can I not do the same? You don't need him I can love you. I do love you!" she declared.

Tom looked at the sniveling woman before him in disgust. "You're not my type," he sneered before smirking, "Besides you lack a certain...body part."

Chuckles ran through the room and Bella flinched back. "You disgust me Bella. And you nearly deprived me of my happiness. And for that...you are going to pay."