Corroded Coffins

"The usual, Frank?" Yn smiles at the elderly man, who has just taken off his coat.

"Yes please, sweetheart," He replies before rubbing his hands together. "It sure is cold out there."

She continues to smile at her regular while filling a tall glass with beer from the tap. "I still can't believe it's snowing. We're in the middle of April."

Sliding the cold glass of beer over the counter, she leans on the counter behind her.

"You know; My Marlene always used to say: A green Christmas gives a white easter. And she has never once been wrong about it." Frank beams fondly at the memory of his late wife. Yn smiles sadly at him. She had worked at the Hideout for several months, and every shift she would talk to Frank. Her other regulars too, of course.

But Frank is different from them.

While most of the other customers she served had chosen to give up their families to get drunk all night every night, Frank would come in, drink a beer and sit for hours. Just sit there.

He has never told her why. Not that she has asked him either - it really isn't any of her business. But a part of her thinks it's because he is lonely. He will talk proudly of his 3 kids, who all moved away from Hawkins to go to college and never returned. His grandchildren would call him every week to tell him about school. And his wife, Marlene, passed away of breast cancer 4 years prior.

"How are you this evening, Frank?" Yn's coworker Tina comes up behind her.

He smiles at her. "Very well, thank you."

"That's good to hear," She replies before turning around to Yn. "Have you checked the time?"

Yn shoots her a confused look before glancing at her watch.

Shit.

"Is it nine already?" She asks.

Tina sighs and rolls her eyes. "Yes, and your boyfriend and his little boyband are just about finished setting up."

Yn swats Tina playfully with her towel. "He is not my boyfriend! Will you stop saying that?!" She glares at her coworker, before walking out of the bar and towards the small stage at the other end of the room.

"Hey guys," She smiles at 4 guys, trying not to look too much at Eddie. "Ready?"

The band nods, taking their places while Yn takes the microphone.

"Good evening everybody!" She says. Looking out on the few people placed at different tables. "I hope y'all are having a great evening. It's Tuesday, which means our favorite local metal band has joined us! So give it up for... Corroded Coffin!"

There are some quiet sounds of claps around the room. Yn turns around and hands the microphone to Eddie. He shoots her a big smile, making Yn blush.

"Here," She mumbles, looking down at her sneakers.

Eddie places the mic on the holder. "Thank you, Yn."

Why is it possible to get butterflies from someone saying your name?

Yn bites her lips and walks toward the bar again. As soon as she is back behind the disk, Tina nudges her shoulder.

"He is not my boyfriend!" She mocks Yn. "Are you gonna tell him that, or?"

Yn sighs, leaning back on the disk. "Will you shut up?"

Tina smirks. "I don't intend to, no." She answers before walking over to a table with 2 whiskeys in her hand.

Yn rolls her eyes. She does a light jump so she can sit on the table behind the bar, next to Frank.

"They're good," Frank says as he takes a sip of his beer. Yn looks over at him and sees him motioning to Corroded Coffin, who are now playing their second song.