Part 7 - History (II)

The following day, Ram had to go to the office for a meeting, while he dropped Priya at the bakery. He was not fully okay with it, she went to meet Krish. Ah, Krish, the name made him roll his eyes. He remembered their conversation in the car....

"So, I will help Sara di a little, and then Krish is coming." She said casually checking her phone, his forehead creased, "Krish?" he asked a bit irritated, but she failed to notice that, "Haan, you don't remember? I was gonna ask for Krish's help?" she said shrugging, "Yeah, I forgot, ad how's idea was that?" he asked squinting his eyes, "Yours, surprisingly a good one" she taunted, he gave out a dry chuckle, "Aaj ka pehela taunt, and for what do I owe this pleasure of receiving one?" he asked sardonically, "hmmm... soch ne do, I'll tell you in the evening" she said as she kissed his cheek, waving him a goodbye, going inside the bakery. He chuckled and shook his head. 'If anything, call me immediately, and please... please do not stress yourself' he messaged, she smiled, 'Yes, Mr. Kapoor. I am not a child, I know.' He chuckled.

But the thought of Priya with Krish left him unsettled, it distracted him. Of course, he trusts her, but there was something that bothered him, he couldn't pin point it exactly. Meanwhile, in the bakery, Priya had small talk with Sara, catching up to what the Soods have been up to. Sandy is taking a break and is at home, while Akki has engaged himself with work. And Sara is here managing the bakery as well as Ishaan. Krish entered soon, with his ever so charming smile. Priya returned his smile, he ordered for a brownie and a coffee, while Priya was already having lemon juice, courtesy to her husband. "Toh, bolo Priya, kaise ho?" he started, "I am fine, do you wanna see the ultrasound picture?" she asked excitedly, see her Krish asked her to show, she showed him, while he frowned a bit, "I can't see anything, but I am happy for you both." He said genuinely, she chuckled. "waise Krish, ab toh, you are off the case na." she said, he nodded, "Haan, I have solved it, there is proof that Shashi was also behind it, all the police have to do is catch him. Why?" he asked, "Woh, actually I need two favours from you?" she asked sheepishly, "Kya hua Priya?" he asked worriedly, "Firstly, I need your help in a finding a girl, Anjali, I don't know her last name, but I have a picture of her. Will that work?" he raised his eyebrow, "I guess, I can but I need to know why." He said, Priya sighed, "it's a long story..." she said. "Hmm... well, then please tell. Because cannot just go and fins some girl, Priya, come on, you can trust me" he said, "yeah, I do trust you. It's just, well okay..." She narrated the whole incident to Krish, who listened intently. She finally finished, as she took a deep breath, "Oh... that's... I am sorry you and Akki had to go through that, poor Shivi, she must have been confused and Ram..." Priya interrupted "Yes, what happened has happened" she said, "Okay, but why do you need the girl then?" he asked, "you ask a lot of questions." She replied rolling her eyes, "Yeah, you just call me, and ask me to find some random girl, and then you say this incident was months ago and now, you want to search for her?" he replied, "Actually... past few days got me thinking, and the visit to couples therapy, there are just so many problems that were never solved fully... so, I just want to get answers, will you help me?" Priya whisper yelled, Krish looked away for a moment, "Yeah, I will. Calm down, I am sorry for asking a lot of questions." He said softly, "I am sorry for getting angry, I just..." he cut her, "It's okay. Tell me, was the therapy good?" he asked, "Yes, Mr. Kapoor liked it too. Thank you for suggesting." She said calmly.

"Okay, dusra favour kya hai?" he asked, "When ma told about how I was adopted and everything, I never asked her more about my birth parents, I only have the adoption certificate, and their names, can you help me find more about them? I just want to know." She said giving him the paper, "Of course Priya. I will" he said gently, "Did you tell Ram?" he asked, she shook her head, "I have to, I will tonight" she said. "Does he know you are asking my help?" she gave a thin-lipped smile, "He actually suggested to ask for your help to find Anjali." She said, he chuckled dryly, "did he now?" she narrowed her eyes to his comment, "what do you mean?" she asked, "Leave it." He said shrugging it off. She didn't push it further even.