Chapter 1

I sat at the bottom of the stairs,fiddling with the buttons on my red checked shirt. It had been 18 months since my mum had been diagnosed with breast cancer. Since then our life has consisted of daily trips to the hospital,chemo therapy sessions and Chinese takeaways.It's just been us since my dad left to "get a fresh start",when in reality it was so he could marry some Australian whore.But that was in the past and as mum said "don't dwell on the past,it's a bitch". That was my mum,always cracking jokes even in her final hour.The doctor walked out of her bedroom and shut the door.
I quickly stood up and scratched my head. "how is she?
"
But he couldn't even reply,he just shook his head and signaled me to go in. Slowly I started walking. I knew what was about to happen. My mum was going to die. And there was not enough medicine in the world to stop it. With shaky hands I opened the door to see my mum pale and limp lying in her bed. I breathed in the soft scent of lavender and rose,my mums signature scent. I sat down at the foot of the bed trying not to cry."be brave"I told myself "be brave for her". "Hey kiddo" she said in her usual cheery voice. "Hey" I said holding back tears.
"I want you to know that I love you. so don't be mad at me ok?..."
"Ok...?" I replied nervously
"You're going to be moving in with your father...and Lottie" I took a deep breath in. I was going to be moving in with my psycho writer father and his personal skank of a girlfriend.i grinned and bared it,for her. "Okay,as long as you're happy". She closed her eyes slowly and said in my ear "cancer's a bitch". I chuckled and let go of her soft hand. she was gone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------👽Hai!thank you so much if you've taken the time out to read the first chapter of moving in!i know it's only short but I've got lots to write about what's next for Aria!Once again thank you for reading and I hope you like what's next to come!(comment any ideas or character requests💖)-lots of 5sos love,shaykai👽