𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨

Previously on Miss Americana
"We should hang out again." Sunoh said.

"Your mother would be against it. I don't want to get you in trouble." replied [Y/N].

Sunoh chuckled. "That never stopped you before."

"She didn't scare me then." She most certainly does now. Even when the girl visits Hyeyeong to hang out, the woman always judged her. Silently. Like why did [Y/N] dare to make her presence known?

As the two continued to converse, it was like it used to be. Except to Sunoh it was real and to [Y/N] it was only a dream.

Now
[Y/N] looked at her phone with a smile as she walked to school. She had a nice converstion with Sunoh. A little too nice of a conversation. But after the conversation, Sunoh had sent her a text, and the two were talking like they used to. When they were arranged to be married in five years. The girl was so engrossed in her conversation, she almost didn't notice Hyeyeoung on his bike almost running her over, but she stepped to the side at the last moment.

"Morning, Hyeyeong." the girl pressed send on her phone.

"How do you always do that?" the boy hopped off of his bike. "Your boyfriend's back in town."

[Y/N] looked up from her phone and sent her a frown. She regretted that choice of telling him. "He is not my boyfriend. And yes, I already know."

Hyeyeong raised an eyebrow at that. How did she already know? But then again Sunoh looked quite happy when Hyeyeong got home. And he was for damn sure that it wasn't because he was home with his mother.

"Anyways, I need a new job. Does yours have any openings?" she asked him. The bike is definitely too big for him. Yeah, it kind of is, I guess.

"Yes and... are you listening to me or are you fawning over our best friend? You should get love alarm you know. Let him know you actually like him. Without being promised to each other." Hyeyeong said.

The girl gave him a really look to which he held his hands up in defense. "How about you get Love Alarm and I can set you up with the girl you like?"

"Double date?" the boy tried to do a shoulder dance.

"Triple. I need to find a date and so does Sunoh." she replied to which he facepalmed. How could someone so smart be so dumb?

"If you're going to be that way, then fine. Anyways he was oddly happy when I got home. His phone kept going off until about two. You wouldn't happen to know why?" Hyeyeong stook with the eyebrow dance this time.

"Yeah. We were catching up."

"Oh really. I wouldn't have ever gotten that."

[Y/N] looked up from her phone with an unamused look. "That's sarcasm, isn't it?" She shook her head. "Anyways, are you sure there isn't any openings? We kind of need the money."

"Why not just ask Sunoh? I'm sure he'll love to help you and your mother. You two were going to be family once upon a time. Plus, he loves your mother more than his own." Hyeyeong told her.

"I don't want him to just leave me money like he's my sugar daddy." she grumbled at her friend. "And don't you normally get a ride fron your dad?"

"And be there to see all the girls fawn over my best friend and your boyfriend? Nah. No thank you. Plus, this way I get to hear about your date when he returned." Hyeyeong smirked before he saw the stoic expression on her face.

[Y/N] looked down at her phone, smiled at the message Sunoh had sent her, and slipped it into her pocket. Hyeyeong didn't want to say it, but her smiles all morning were the first real smiles she had given in a long while. He had a feeling Sunoh could brighten up her life. He just didn't think it would be this fast.

"He could never go for me. He only did before because our parents arranged for us to be married when we were twenty. No longer going to be, so I'm just a dear friend to him. " she told him.

"You're an idiot if you think that's true." Hyeyeong said as they arrived on school grounds.

"I'm actually quite smart thank you very much." she hmmphed at her friend, walked into the school grounds, and scurried to her homeroom class.

She did not want to be here when Sunoh arrived and a bunch of girls gawk at him and his pretty face. Not that she cared that much. Okay maybe she cared a little bit. But not that much. [Y/N] slid into her desk as she heard a couple girls gossiping amongst their group. With any luck from any god looking down on her, she wished that Sunoh wasn't in her homeroom. However she knew the odds were not in her favor. Because Hyeyeong was in her homeroom, so Sunoh was going to be there too. Most likely that was the case. The girl pulled out the book she actively reading and trying to finish.

"Hey, [Y/N]," she looked up to see who had called her name Hana, "you're friends with Hyeyeong right? So are you close to Sunoh? Like romantically?"

No one at school knew of her past engagement to Sunoh. That was called off when her family went off the deepend. But everyone had their theories. That wasn't the worst thing there was. Rumors were the kryptonite. [Y/N] knew of a couple. One being that her mother was a whore who had gold digged her way into her own father's promises.

"What Hwang Sunoh and [L/N] [Y/N] dating? Together? Impossible. No one wants to be seen with the girl from the wrong side of the tracks." Hana's friend Arin laughed. "The only place for sluts is with the horny fuckboys. Or maybe she's more suited to being on the streets like her mother before her."

"Hush, Arin!" another friend of theirs, Rika, hissed at the almond haired female.

"What? It's not like she can do anything about it. Her precious guard dog isn't here yet! Probably figured out how much of a slut she is. Plus, her family isn't apart of the mafia like all the rumors say." Arin smirked at the girl.

"Must be hard being a bitch, Arin. Probably lures all the guys away from you, Arin. The only good thing you're probably good at is sucking dick. You are what you eat anyways. Hana, no I am not dating Sunoh, so try and ask him out. I doubt he would say yes since you hang out with a girl a lot more trashy than me. So good luck and stop talking to me." the girl sneered at the two females.

The group of girls decided to keave her alone. [Y/N]'s phone vibrated in her pocket and she pulled it out. Just Sunoh wondering where she was. In my classroom. Just find your own class. [Y/N] put her phone in her pocket and placed her focus on her book. When [Y/N] focuses on something, she ends up fully engrossed in it and blocks out the rest of the world.

Which is probably why she didn't notice her two childhood friends walk into the classroom and the taller of two sit in the seat that had been empty for a majority of the semester thus far. She most certainly didn't hear the murmurs of the girls as he sat in the seat and pulled the book away from her focus.

Her gaze drifted from the book until it was met with amber eyes that sparkled with the smile that adorned his face. "Hi."

Great. Now the girl with a bad reputation caused by rumors was public enemy number one to the female population. Time for more bad rumors.

1, 334 words
The plot of this book will losely follow the plot of the show. Meaning the world events within the show that the characters are meer bystanders for will be present, but the relationship plotline will not exist. I hope you all liked the chapters.
Got a theory or prediction for what happens in the story? Don't forget to comment it! I love reading predictions and theories.
Don't forget to vote my loves!