Chapter 1

Mahiru Koizumi was an amazing photographer. She posted her photos on Instagram, the only problem was that they barely got any views and most of them were stolen by strangers and were posted onto 4chan with little to no credit or acknowledgement. This pissed Mahiru off, but she wasn't going to let this stop her. Not when it meant a lot to her. So instead she began to plan how she would finally get some views and make it into one of the top 50 influencers on social media. She was going to ask her bestfriend Hiyoko Saionji to help.  

Hiyoko was a bit of a bully, but also an awesome friend. Hiyoko was rather popular on Youtube because of her videos of her doing traditional Japanese dances. Her content was mostly viewed by young men that liked her due to her young appearance and voice, but she was lesbian and had no interest in men. However, Hiyoko had been cancelled multiple times because of her derogatory behaviour towards others. The last thing Mahiru wanted was for her to get hated on for being friends with her, but she wanted to start getting views on her instagram posts so she wanted any help she could get. 

It was lunch time and Mahiru was eating with Hiyoko, Ibuki, Sonia and Mikan. Hiyoko hated Mikan and nobody knew how or why they were in the same friend group. 

"Mahiru? Mahiru!" Hiyoko tried to get her best friend's attention. 

"Hm?" She replied. 

"You zoned out there." Ibuki said giggling slightly. She seemed to always be giggling. Mahiru just gave Hiyoko a questioning look which led her to sigh in annoyance. 

"Did I? Sorry." Mahiru apologised sheepishly. 

"Nah, its fine." Hiyoko brushed it off. 

 "Actually, Hiyoko, I've got something to ask you. Something really important." Mahiru stated. 

"I'm listening. Shoot." Hiyoko said with a smile plastered across her face. She loved getting attention from Mahiru. It was nice to have someone who understood what she felt about girls in general. Although Mahiru didn't think of herself as gay like Hiyoko did, she still appreciated how supportive Hiyoko was being of her. 

"Okay, listen, I need your help with something. We all know that I never get any likes on instagram as no one sees my photographs. Well, can you shout me out on your YouTube channel? Maybe some people will see my photos and maybe I'll get a few followers and then you and everyone will see more views than we ever see. And maybe my photo will actually get some sort of recognition." Mahiru said with hope shining in her eyes. (what if mahiru is actually hajimeme and hiyoko is cumaeda?)

"Of course! I'd be happy to!" Hiyoko replied happily."Really?! Thank you Hiyoko, that means everything to me!" Mahiru cheered.

"Yeah. You help me all the time, so you deserve it now." Hiyoko smiled.After that conversation ended, the bell rang loudly signaling class had started. They went their separate ways as usual. Except Mahiru accidentally bumped into her ex boyfriend, Nagito. (komaeda i love you but nobody cares)

"Oh, hello again, Nagito." Mahiru greeted him politely with an awkward laugh."Hello, Mahiru." Nagito said awkwardly back. It was obvious he couldn't say anything else since he was a nervous wreck. Mahiru thought his reaction was a little strange. Mahiru heard some girls behind them giggle and whisper.