Chapter 2

Mahiru woke up the next day and checked her Instagram profile. It was full of notifications, which was new for Mahiru. She had gained a good 75 followers which meant Hiyoko's shoutout had worked. She clicked on her notifications which were full of comments, mostly positive responses. Most people seemed to think she was cute or was a good photographer. She posted some of the photographs she took the day before during her morning walk, all of the sunrise scenery. They were nice photos, and her new followers seemed to agree. She was happy and relieved. Although she wouldn't admit it out loud, she had missed having people support her, she was used to helping others, and was the 'mom' friend in her friendgroup.

When she walked out the door to go to school, she was surprised to see Hiyoko waiting for her outside her front gate. "Morning. Ready to go?" Hiyoko asked excitedly and gave her an adorable smile.  

Mahiru nodded happily. 

"Yes, lets go!" After arriving to their school building, they made their way to homeroom. Both of them went inside and took their seats next to each other. 

"Good Morning Everyone." The teacher greeted with a tired tone. 

Then the teacher did the register.
"Hiyoko wasn't lying about Nagito being gay. He posted on his snapchat that he likes guys. I heard he has a crush on Hajime Hinata." Ibuki informed Mahiru. 

"Why are you telling me this?" Mahiru asked. "You know we broke up last year. I don't care anymore. But I do hope hes happy." 

"Hiyoko cheered when she heard Nagito is gay. She probably wants to date you." Ibuki teased.

"I do not want to date Mahiru!" Hiyoko shrieked. Ibuki laughed softly, "Whatever helps you sleep at night!"

"Fuck off! And stop making fun of me! What did I do to you?" Hiyoko scolded Ibuki. 

"I'm only teasing you, and you can't say anything because you always bully Mikan!" Ibuki countered. Hiyoko scoffed. 

"Shut up! Go piss off if you like Pigshit more than me! Maybe she'll fuck you and give you AIDS!" Hiyoko growled. Ibuki looked ready to fight back, however, Mahiru interjected between them. 

"Hiyoko, calm down. And Ibuki, don't irritate her, we're not dating, I promise."
Mahiru sighed. She could never pick sides between her friends. She was happy that they had stopped fighting though but they were both too chaotic to be friendly to each other in general. 

"Sorry Mahiru." Hiyoko mumbled quietly. "It's fine. Let's just try to avoid arguments and fights from now on, okay?"