Waltzing with a ghost

Binny's POV:

We finally found the second watch Melchior's parents híd from the watchunters. He was so happy and yet sad at the same time. As I finished reading the letter I saw a tiny smile on his face. He's always smiling but somehow that was different. He wasn't that usual annoying egoistic ghost I know. He was more like a poor, vulnerable boy who misses his parents so much and feels so alone without them. I've never seen this side of him before.

-Well, I'm not sure if I said that before, buti f I not then... Thank you!

-You're welcome.

I looked to him. I've never noticed before how shiny eyes did he have. So beautiful. How could a ghost have such sparkling eyes? They are almost like... ...Wait! What is even going on? Am I really thinking about Melchior's eyes? And if yes then why? It's not like I like him or anything. Ughhhhh. A voice interrupted my thoughts.

-Ladies and gentleman! 5 minutes till the waltz!

-Oh no! This will be sooooooooo humiliating.

Then Melchior spoke again so I had to look into his eyes again which wasn't good for me because I felt something strange inside my stomach which I couldn't describe what it was. Maybe I was just nervous about the waltz. Yeah, that's all.

-Did you know, that I had dancing lessons since I was 5?

-You can dance?

-Well, let's just say that I can waltz agreeably. If you must dance with that stableboy then at least let me be the one who shows you the basic steps.

Actually that was so sweet of him to offer. Considering how mad he was when I agreed to go to the ball with Niklas, I thought that he will laugh at me how miserably I can dance and say that he would like to see as I step on his feet. But he actually offered me to teach me how to waltz. He's really a good friend.

-Come here!

He bowed to me and smiled. He had a really cute smile on his face. Somehow I had to smile, too. I imagined, how all of this would look like if someone saw us... well me. As they can't see Melchior, they would probably think that I'm not normal talking to the air and dancing alone. This made me laugh. I don't know if he was thinking about the same but he laughed, too. He held out his hand for me. I hesitated for a second as how would I take it, but then he nodded so I reached to the air near his hand and shoulder and he reached the air near my waist. It should have been strange but smehow it felt right. Then I saw how happily he was smiling. Not with his usual grin but a sweet different smile and his eyes were shining. Maybe because the waltz reminds him some good memories from his past. Or was it because of me? Maybe he wanted to dance with me all along that's why he was so angry when I agreed to come with Niklas. No way! It can't be! He can't like me! He's a ghost! What am I even thinking?

 No way! It can't be! He can't like me! He's a ghost! What am I even thinking?

-Ready?

I couldn't say anything just nodded. As we started to dance I had that strange feeling inside my stomach again. What is that? What is wrong with me? That definately wasn't nervousness. I think it's better if I don't look into his eyes just stare at our feet so I don't have to see his charming, I mean big smile. Something's really not right. Is dancing waltz that tiring or what is happening, because my heart started to beat faster and my cheeks became redder than usual. Focus, Binny! Focus! I couldn't focus so I acidentally stepped on his feet.