Thirty: Disconnect

[ Disconnect ]

༓࿇༓

Jia

Walking up the wide staircase while I carefully adjusted the cap on my head and kept my head lowered as I hesitantly approached the front door of Taehyung's house.

I did not want to be here.

Once again, the asshole decided to go ghost on the entire world after pulling some shit on me, this time being way more serious than the first. I won't lie, a part of me really felt a bit scared of him now. Every time I thought back to the dead and empty look that his eyes possessed, I couldn't help but tense up at the discomfort that it triggered within me.

It felt as if I was literally staring into the eyes of a complete stranger and not someone I knew on such an intimate level.

Yes, the said intimacy had merely been physical, but there was a certain amount of trust that went into allowing someone into your space in such a way. So Taehyung suddenly doing 180° on me like that really forced a newfound wall to rise between him and I.

I honestly think that if the man was not my co-star, I would have quickly cut him off completely without hesitation for the shit he did. Who just launched at people like that? Unprovoked? I was beyond baffled.

Like what the actual fuck?

As soon as Yoongi dropped me off at the asshole's house, I had to fight the absolute strongest urge to call him back and beg him to turn the car right back around take my ass back home.

I really didn't want to be here.

How in the world was I supposed to face this dickhead? What if he decided to pounce at me once again? What then?

If there was any moment where I regretted every single life decision that had led me up to a certain point — it would be this one. This moment right here.