We're friends?

"Suguru. Suguru wake up." Terushima whispered as he was told not to disturb Daishou. He was never one to listen though.

Daishou groaned as he was woken up due to the closeness of Terushima's breath."Who are you?" he asked, not recognizing the man right next to him.

"What." 

"No seriously, who are you?" Daishou asked as he genuinely had no idea who stood next to him. 

"Uhh..." Terushima looked up to his friends who stood near the door to the hospital room. "This is awkward..." he laughed nervously "You don't remember me? " 

"Does it look like I do?" Daishou answered. 

"I swear to god if this is some kind of sick joke Suguru" Terushima took a sharp breath as he wasn't expecting this. 

"Are we on a first name basis already? I don't even know your name" Daishou spoke. 

"Guys, let's maybe give them some room," Bokuto whispered as he took Kuroo and Oikawa out with them, Futakuchi following behind. 

"I can't stay?" Futakuchi asked, though he was joking as he walked out immediately with them. He hoped everything would work out between Daishou and Terushima. 

When they walked out, it was just Daishou and Terushima left in the room. The doctor had warned them a possible side effect to Daishou's injury was amnesia, but Terushima figured that wouldn't happen. 

"What do you remember?" Terushima asked, still hoping for a false alarm. 

"I remember... college." 

"You're right about that, go on..." 

"Was that Kuroo in the room just now?" He asked. 

"You remember Kuroo?" Terushima was growing hope as he realized Daishou remembered one of their friends.

"How could I not?" he rolled his eyes. Terushima saw this as an instant negative sign as Daishou continued, "He was obnoxious, he rivaled me in every academic subject possible in highschool, and he was also annoyingly loud." 

"So were you guys friends?" Terushima knew the answer to this question already based on his tone, but the answer could vary depending on the year and he wanted to test what exactly Daishou specifically remembered. 

"God no." 

Terushima laughed, he wasn't sure if it was genuine or out of reflex. "That's- funny story actually, and you're gonna love this but-"

"We aren't dating are we?!?" Daishou interrupted as he practically wanted to hurl at the thought.

"NO." Terushima instantly answered. "God, that'd be terrible for him too." 

"Huh?" 

"Well for one he's dating Kenma." 

"He hung out with him before high school, no?" 

"I think so. I just met you all somewhere over a year and a half ago? Dunno, around there." 

"What?" 

"Oh yeah, it's our last year in college by the way. We also graduate in..." he had to think about it, "three months?"

And with that, Daishou's eyes widened. "But all I remember is the start of my second year-"

"Figured." Terushima cut in, hoping to distract Daishou from the shock. "The name's Yuuji Terushima by the way, and I don't think you're ready to hear who I am just yet, at the very least though, we're friends." He smiled, though it was ripping him apart not being able to tell Daishou they've been together the last nine months.