prologue

TW: Suicide bating
Attempted suicide
-————————-————————-———
(3rd P.o.V.)

This world is full of heroes with powers. These powers are called quirks. Around 80% of the population has a quirk, but the 20% that don't are discriminated against and bullied. Ah, here we see the main character of this story.

(Izuku's P.o.V)

As I make my way to Aldera Junior High, I almost run into my ex-bestfriend, Katsuki Bakugo.

He is a spikey haired blond with ruby red eyes. His quirk is called "Explosion". It changes his sweat into nitroglycerin that he can ignite at will.

I make it to school without any issues though and head to class. It was the last day of school before high school and I was hoping it would be okay.

(King Crimson to the last class of the day)

I'm sitting in class with my head down and listen to the teacher walk in. "I'm supposed to hand out these papers about what you want to be" the teacher throws the papers into the air. "But I know you all wanna be heros" he says smiling. After he says that everyone starts to show off their quirks except me.

"Hey, don't lump me in with these extras, I'm going to U.A. and will be the next top hero" Bakugo says with his feet on the desk. "That's right, you and someone else applied for U.A." the teacher responded. "WHAT????" Bakugo yells. "Midoriya, didn't you also apply there?" The teacher asks innocently.

A shocked look comes over my face. 'why did she have to say it out loud???' I think to myself, internally panicking. As I'm thinking this, Bakugo comes over and explodes my desk. " YOU DAMN DEKU, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN GET INTO U.A.?" he yells.

"N-nothing K-kachan" I say, stuttering. He goes to explode my desk again when the teacher tells him to sit down and wait till after school. He complies and sits down glaring at me. Once school ends I'm packing my stuff up and Kachan walks over. "What's this, 'hero analysis for the future'"? He say, picking up my journal. The two cronies behind him laugh as he explodes it and throws it out the window. "You really want to be a hero 'Deku'?" He asks. "More than anything" I respond.

"Then take a swan dive off the roof....and hope for a quirk in the next life" he says. Those words struck me like a knife and I ran away from the school. While walking under an overpass I hear a sewer open behind me.

"Ah, you'll be a nice meat suit to hide in" a sludge villain says behind me. "W-what?" I respond scared and confused. The villain launches a tendril of slime at me and grabs me, pulling me close to it, getting in my mouth, eyes, ears, and nose. I start to black out because I can't breath.

I'm awoken to someone lightly patting my cheek, waking me up. "YOUNG ONE, WAKE UP PLEASE" someone says. I slowly open my eyes and see a large figure. As my sight clears I realize that it's All Might. The number one pro hero.

"A-All Might!!" I say starting to fanboy. "Can I have your autogr-" I stop realizing I can't find my hero analysis book with All Might in it. "HAHA, I HAVE ALREADY SIGNED IT FOR YOU YOUNG MAN" he says in his booming voice. "Thank you All Might, but can I ask you something?" I ask. "HOW ABOUT THIS, HELP ME FINISH CLEANING UP AND WE CAN SPEAK WHILE WORKING" he says. "Sure thing" I respond quickly getting up to help. "I was wondering, can a quirkless person become a hero?" I ask while cleaning up the sludge villain.

"NO. YOU CANT BE A PRO THAT FIGHTS ON THE FRONT LINES ANYWAY." he says. I get sadness by this but then hear him say "HOWEVER, YOU COULD ALWAYS BE A SUPPORT HERO, LIKE SNIPE". I'm saddened deeply by this and finish helping All Might clean up the villain. As he leaves I begin to walk back towards the school.

(King Crimson)

I'm standing here on top of Aldera Junior High, thinking about what Kachan said. "Then take a swan dive off the roof....and hope for a quirk in the next life" I take my shoes off and look toward the ground. It's about 200 feet. A fall from this hight will definitely be an act of un-alive.

And that's what I do. I turned around and fell backwards. And I laughed. I laughed as I was falling because I felt free. As I hit the ground I bearly heard the crunch of my body as I just stopped being.

"Welcome mortal, I've been watching you"

--------------------

(A/N) sorry not sorry about ending on a cliffhanger, will be explained in the next part who Izuku just met though

Word count: 810 words not counting this