Chapter 1: The Angry Boy

A tall boy anxiously sat on a bench, fiddling with his hands and staring at his feet, his long white hair drifting in the breeze. He then heard a very upset voice. He looked up, seeing a bright green haired boy that was yelling at two adults, who just smiled at him, it looked like a very weird exchange, then he realized something.

This was Mr. and Mrs. King, the two people his mom was talking about, remembering the exchange between him and his mom at the time.

The boy had been looking at a art set at the time and his mom told him:

"Pranala, if you want the art set, then you need to work for it." She had said

"But I-." He had stuttered out

"If I listened to my daddy and your daddy, doing what they wanted, you wouldn't have been born." She finished.

It had hurt to hear those words at the time, but Pranala just shrugged it off now, she didn't mean it... right?

He then got off the bench and scurried over, catching the attention of the small, angry boy.

"Oh great." He mumbled, but Pranala just ignored him and looked at the two parents.

"H-Hello, are you Mr. and Mrs. King?" He asked, the two smiled.

"Yes we are, dearie." Mrs. King said "What do you need?" She asked

"I uh, heard that you two are looking for a babysitter?" He asked, the boy glared at Pranala.

"Yes we are! Would you like the job?" Pranala's eyes widened, it was that easy? He nodded eagerly.

"Well, you start on Sunday! I hope you enjoy working with us!" Mrs. King said, then patted her son's head

"This is our son, Jeremy." Pranala nodded while the smaller boy scoffed and pushed his mom's hand away.

"I'm Pran..." He said, using his nickname instead of his actual name, he always liked the first part of his name instead of the last part, he never understood why though.

"Nice to meet you Pran!" Mrs. King said, then looked to her husband "Let's leave these two alone to get acquainted." She said, the two then walked off.

"So, you're my babysitter now? I don't need one, so you stay out of my way and I won't tell my parents that you're just as old as me!" Jeremy hissed, Pran nodded, keeping quiet.

Pran then sat beside him, Jeremy joining him and watched as Pran started to draw.

"Why?" Jeremy asked, Pran looked up with a raised brow

"Why do you want to be my babysitter?" He asked

"I want an art set." Pran said simply, Jeremy rolled his eyes, but the two kept quiet.

From then on, even after Pran quit the job once Jeremy was old enough to care for himself, Pran stuck to him like glue, following him forever, ditching one of his friends for him.

Pran didn't understand this feeling for Jeremy.