☡:ELEVEN

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ:
ᴏɴᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴋɪᴅ
︎⚠︎

THE JOURNEY to your destination wherever it may be, is somehow oddly peaceful.

You were expecting for zombies to loiter throughout the streets since this area is pretty much a little more urbanized compared to the location where you came from. But on the contrary, it's pretty deserted if not only for an occasional two or a huddle of four zombies appearing from time to time that you avoid engaging with that will highly draw more of their kind. Opting on keeping the streak of peace.

Though, it somewhat got disrupted when you reached the milestone of half a mile when a sharp rattle echoes behind the dumpster sitting on a dark alleyway to your left, making the group abruptly stop and stare at it for a moment. Tensed up in anticipation and waiting for anything to come out of there.

"Um, don't you think we should check it?" Emcee suggests. Glancing around her companions for any feedback.

"What? Are you trying to be any white person ever on a horror movie?" Zion remarks almost in an instant. "You know that's a dumb idea, right?" The blatant 'what the fuck' expression plastered on his face makes you snort loudly like a pig, and promts Jay to start laughing sardonically. His honey hues side glances over you who's fighting down the smile that's trying to creep on your face before his eyes diverts back to the girl. "Like­― what makes you think we should do that?"

Being a quiet sensitive individual, an offended look crosses her features. She glare at him without saying anything. And of course, her number one admirer is there to back her up.

"Zion." Lawrence sternly says his name. Tone were tangibly insinuating him to shut up.

"Wow, sorry for being an absolute insensitive jerk." The executive frowns and flit his eyes full of disrepute towards the dumpster when a soft meow emanates from it. "I didn't mean to ask a genuine question." Spatting that out, he went ahead on his way alone. The leader steal a quick glimpse on the dark narrow street then release a sigh. He pat Emcee on her shoulder with a placate smile then jog after the redhead since he's the only one who knew the right path to take towards the place which the group is heading.

Eyes training over the shadowy alleyway, you exchange glances with Jay before the two of you resume walking to catch up with the rest.

For the whole time of the trip you cover the remaining mile and a half, the group spend it in dead silence. No one dares to speak again after what happened. But an indubitable awkwardness is weighing down the air in spite of the defeaning quietness.

"This is it." Lawrence in the lead says and stagger into a stop. Pointer finger motioning to the marketplace up ahead. It was a fairly large grocery store, but not close enough to the size of an actual supermarket. "Let's go." He beckon the group with a quick sleight of hand.

You proceed towards the store. Seeing that the doors were made of glass and just to make sure that no harm will suddenly leap out of nowhere, the leader pauses and inch his face closer to it. Trying to see things inside only with the sunlight through the transparent door and the walls by the entrance conjoining it.

"The coast is clear." Lawrence announces as he inch away from the glass and turn to to you guys. "Let's get going."

He is the first to head in, followed by Zion, Jay, Emcee, and then finally you hot on their tail. E/C eyes wandering around, you can say that the interior looks still pretty decent unlike the shops, supermarkets, and convenience stores that you've been into back in the day. Products of varying brands and usages were lined up orderly in the shelves like it had always been before the apocalypse, though, there are still quiet many that were cluttered all over the floor. It's as if someone dropped them, and thus, the mess forms a vision in your mind about a survivor doing that after seeing a zombie to make a run for it.