Chapter 01

⚠️Warnings: This chapter contains profanities involved in dialogue, Kidnapping, Force use of a toxic substance (chloroform)

Chaeyoung's POV:

"I'll be home soon okay?" I told my five-year-old son. I smiled softly at hearing his small "okay" before we exchanged goodbyes. I went in my car and drove off to the nearest supermarket.

With more urgency, I walked down the aisles faster, trying to get all the ingredients I needed to make Jihyun's favourite dish.

I had just gotten home half an hour ago when Jihyun begged me to make his favourite food which included ingredients we didn't have at home. But me being me, I was never able to say no to him. Especially when he gives me his puppy eyes.

Of course, I was a little bit hesitant to leave him at home by himself and I could've taken him with me but he managed to convince me to let him stay. At just the age of five years old, the little boy was already manipulating me to get his way.

I was in and out of the store within twenty minutes, practically running towards my car. I was unaware of my surroundings as I tried putting all the things in the trunk of the car as quickly as I could.

Just as I was putting in the last bag, I felt two pairs of hands grab me from behind. My immediate reaction was to scream as loud as I could, struggling in their grip with as much strength as I could muster.

I wasn't able to fight them long, one of them putting a cloth up to my nose and mouth, the cloth undoubtedly doused in chloroform as my vision started to blur, my limbs growing weak. The last thought I had before I completely lost consciousness was of my son.

I awoke with a start, lifting my head to look around the room, squinting at the bright lights. My body started shaking as I felt the rope around my wrists and ankles, knowing that I wasn't going to be able to escape so easily.

With no way out, I felt the tears in my eyes well up, the only thing on my mind was getting out of here and back to my son.

Calming myself down from an oncoming panic attack, I looked around at my surroundings; the walls were painted a pure white, bookshelves lining one wall, a desk a few feet away, and one lone window off to the side.

If I wasn't tied up and practically fearing for my life, I would've admired the decor more.

My head snapped to the front door as I heard deep voices talking on the other side before it opened up. My mouth ran dry, my skin paled and my eyes widened at seeing the man that walked in.

Park Chanyeol.

A week ago...

Ugh, that's just what I needed, rain.

I thought to myself, a frown on my face as I looked out the café windows. I hadn't brought an umbrella with me since the café was only a short walk away from my office.

I ran over here quickly to get some coffee, thinking it wouldn't rain but with my "luck", it started pouring when I was on my way out. I looked down at my watch, seeing that I had about fifteen minutes until my break was over.

With a sigh I turned back around to go look for a seat, not seeing the man behind me as I turned around, bumping into him and spilling the coffee he had in his hands all over his shirt.

"What the fuck? Watch where you're-" He exclaimed angrily, cutting himself off for some reason.

"I am so sorry. Oh my god, it's all over your shirt." I apologized profusely and reached for some napkins to clean up the mess I created on his shirt.