Night Two

Once again Kai found himself twisting in his attempt to sleep. He sat up in his top bunk and looked around and saw every ninja except him asleep. He silently slid down the ladder and scooted out of the room and went back into the bathroom to look at himself in the mirror.

'My eyebags are getting more noticeable, I could borrow some concealer from Nya. She won't notice. Maybe.' He chuckled to himself. 'Hm, maybe they were right. It might just be a really realistic dream.'

A mechanical whirring played in the background, sounding like it was coming from the laundry room. Kai began tip-toeing to the laundry room quietly. He poked his head around the corner of the doorway. The mechanical whirring was only getting louder and some purple object was sitting in the dryer. He opened it to see that thing he saw yesterday.

'So it wasn't a dream, damn it.' Kai cursed under his breath. Another note was with the small animatronic. It was a to-do list. Whoever is doing this thinks I'm a frigging errand boy. He grumbled.

Recharge Tattletail in the basement

Touch Zane's vase

Remember your flashlight. Shake it when necessary to avoid Mama but only do it if it starts to go out or you really need it.

Don't go near the red eyes. That is Mama Tattletail. Do Not Interact. She is dangerous

Return Tattletail to the box

Go to bed as quickly as possible

Kai's eyes widened at this. There was something roaming around his house and it was dangerous, at least according to the letter. Every alarm in his head was going off and telling him not to do what this mysterious person or thing wants, but somewhere some little defiance was fighting against his usual common sense. He shoved the paper in his pocket. Despite whatever was going on in his head he huffily went to Zane's new training room and flipped the switch but nothing turned on. Kai reached in his pyjama pocket for his phone but instead grabbed a flashlight. Odd but practical.

The fire ninja flicked on the flashlight and began snooping in Zane's work room while the other ninja slept, unaware of the fate and responsibility that would befall their brother.

He eventually comes across a purple vase specially designed by Pixel. It seemed special since she handmade it for him and originally had his favourite flowers in it He saw a sticky note beside the vase, it said,'' Break it or you friends suffer the consequences.'' They had to be kidding. But with the chance they weren't he gulped and tipped over the desk it was sitting on. A loud crash was made as it shattered to pieces.

He heard other ninjas getting up and hid under the desk. He watched four of them flip the light switch that didn't work earlier and search the room. Lloyd, Zane, Jay, and Nya walk in and find the vase broken. A soft gasp from Zane was heard as the pieces were lifted from the ground if he was hearing correctly.

"How did this happen?" Jay's voice came into the silence.

Kai peeked his head just out of sight. Zane looked mortified, Lloyd was concerned, Nya was annoyed and Jay was just confused. He swiftly moved his head back and back under the desk.

"This.. this was the gift Pixel gave to me on our first anniversary." Kai felt awful. But he can't apologise or he'll have Zane being upset with him for the next few months. They kept looking for a culprit but eventually left. He sat with his arms hugging his knees to his chest and waited for another few minutes to see if they'd come back. After three minutes he was about to get up before he saw two red eyes staring at him from the doorway.

It was silent. He didn't move at all. He stared into the infrared coloured eyes of whatever hellish spawn was waiting to strike when he moved. Kai kept his eyes on the thing and began praying to whatever spinjitzu master would get him out of this one. To his luck the thing just disappeared and he got up quickly. Quicker than he would've liked since his foot fell asleep. He shook his flashlight back on and pulled out the to-do list he had been given.

All he had left to do wss go to bed, which seemed pretty simple. He cautiously walked to the room with his back against the wall and made it back. He turned the doorknob slowly, entered, and quietly crawled back up the ladder trying to not wake the other ninja. He saw his phone sitting on his bed. He picked it up and turned it on to see the time.

'5:59!' He really cut it close this time, Kai pulled the covers over his head and tried to go to sleep but to no avail he couldn't.

This is the first half of chapter two.

835 words