Is it finally a normal day?

Quinn POV
I grabbed my crutches and went to the precinct after getting ready. I had some hope I could convince the Captain to let me work. I'd given Michaela as much information about the little girl as possible so that she could tell Saanvi. I truly wanted to save this girl. She saved me. Since we came back on fight 828 I feel like we haven't had a normal day yet. Maybe today is finally that day. The Captain tapped on my back. "Williams? What are you doing here? Your not starting back until Monday like I said" "is there any way I could come back early? Not full force, like a rookie?" The Captain thought for a few minutes. "You are partnered with Stone. How about this, you can come back but anywhere you go you will stay in the car. You will not get out. Understood?" I nodded grateful I'd get to come back. Even if I was just stuck in the car. So no, not a normal day. I used my crutches to walk over to Michaela "hey M I'm allowed to work today!....sorta" Michaela let out a laugh "do I want to know what sorta means? Let me rephrase that, do I need to know?" That made me chuckle "I'm stuck in the car if we go anywhere" she nodded and told me to sit down at my desk and she'd let me know if we got anything. I placed my head on my desk closing my eyes attempting to get a little bit of shut eye without anyone noticing. That was soon interrupted by Vasquez. "Quinn? Are you asleep?" "What does it look like? Yes I'm trying to be" I chuckled a little as did he before he walked away to the coffee machine, returning soon after with a cup of boiling hot coffee. "Here. Caffeine. Drink it you can't be asleep on the job especially since your not even meant to be here right now" he handed me the mug before walking off. Well that was a strange interaction. Then again my interactions with Vasquez are always a tad weird. Somehow he'd adapted to calling me Quinn but I never called him Jared. Vasquez just fit better. Soon Michaela and I were in the car on the way to the scene of a case" "yknow I really thought today would be normal?" I laughed and Michaela smiled shaking her head. "There's never a normal day Quinn."
__________________________________

Hey! I've been working on this since June😂 I'm really bad about updating this story. I really need suggestions. Anyone have any?
-Brooklyn