Chapter 1

My first story ! :O

Yes, I was inspired by Girl Stolen by April Henry. Given to me by Rheaaaa ! :*

Hope it is good... :)

***

Chapter 1

I open my eyes and all I see is darkness. Suddenly someone pushes something sharp into me, I go off to sleep yet again. This was the 5th time or so. All I remember is a Lamborgini coming straight for me. And then I close my eyes and I hear that Lamborgini crashing into a car... Or was it my car that it crashed into. I don't remember. I really don't know what is happening to me. I really can't think anymore and so I am going off to sleep again.

“NOO..!”

I hear a scream the next time I open my eyes. I recognize it as my mom's voice. I am worried. I have only heard her scream like this once. It was when my grandfather had passed away. I was worried when I heard it again. I look and again all I see around me is darkness. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. Tears wouldn't come out. How much ever I tried they just wouldn't.

I hear somebody come into my room and sit beside on the bed. I feel around with my hands and understand that I am in a hospital. So many tubes were connected to my hands. I know I was here because I survived an accident. But then I don't remember anything else about that accident.

I feel my mom's hand on my face. I was lying down. As soon as she touches me I try to get up.

“It's okay, you don't have to get up.”

“Okay... Umm, Mom... Could you please ask them to switch on the lights ?”

She starts crying as soon as she hears me say this. She holds my hand. I hold hers. I could feel her tears on my hand. Suddenly the door opens.

“Ah ! I see you have woken up. How are you feeling now, Amy ?”

“I am good. But, who are you ?”

“Amy, my darling I am your doctor.”

“Doctor, can you please switch on the lights ? Mom here is not doing it.”

“Umm... Sure Amy.”

I hear the switch being switched on. And I still can't see a single thing. I start to worry. I know eyes are the most precious gifts. But now I really don't know how to let my emotions go. I wanted to scream.

“Mummy, why have you put the lights on now? It is 12 in the afternoon. Shall I switch it off ?”

That was my sister, Ann. I hear my mom starts to cry harder as soon as my sister tells this. Ann comes over to me and gives me a card.

“Go on. Read it. I made it specially for you.” Saying this she kisses me on my cheek. I try to. I know I can't.

“I am sorry, Amy” The doctor says these and I hear my mom get up from my bed and go out.

“Why did mommy go out?”

The doctor takes my sister with himself and goes out of my room.

I was blind. That is why I wasn't able to see before. I was blind. That is why I couldn't read Ann's card. I am blind. That is why mom was crying. And then everything that happened right before the accident comes back to me.

I and my dad were out. I was treating my dad for helping me pass my driving test. I had just gotten my driving license. I was driving after we both had had our dinner at Nandos. My mom and sister had gone over to my cousin's place for her birthday party. I wanted to treat my dad not only because he helped through the test but also because I knew that only my dad would allow me to drive. My mom would never even think of making me sit on that driving seat. Not when she was alive anyways. She thinks that I am a reckless driver, even though she has never seen me drive.

After getting out from Nandos he throws the keys over to me without even me having to ask for it. I sit on the driving seat and my dad sits beside me. I was driving perfectly fine. I got out from Nandos parking lot and entered the road and my dad put the radio. Everything was fine until my favorite song 'One Direction- What makes you beautiful' came on. Even my dad liked the song. We both started singing it and I totally lost balance when I saw the Lamborgini coming towards us. I was shocked and didn't know what to do. My father immediately pushed me aside and turned the steering wheel. He was just thinking of somehow getting out of the way of the Lamborgini. I would have done the same. But while doing this he simply moved us further into the road where a truck was coming straight at us with no intention of stopping. The truck hit us and then everything just went black. I guess the truck driver was drunk. Because otherwise he would have seen us. Anyways he hit us and he hit us real hard.

I start crying. I scream. I just scream to let go off whatever hatred I was feeling towards myself. Someone comes into my room.

“What happened Amy ?”, Ann asks. “I heard you scream and came running in.”

“Where is daddy ?”

“I don't know. I have been asking mum the same thing for 4 days and she says that dad has gone to meet our grandfather. I can't understand. And why is mom crying so much ? It is scaring me. Why is everyone so sad?”

“Ann !”, my mom was calling her. She goes out of the room.

I still can't believe what she said. My tears stop flowing. I realize that the only man I loved is dead. My dad is dead and I am the cause for it. My body becomes numb. I can't eel anything anymore. I can't hear anything. I just close my eyes and will my tears to flow. But even my body is not listening to me. I lie down on the bed and hug the pillow. The fact that my dad is no longer going to be there to comfort me. To hold me when I fall. To call me beautiful every time I dress up.

I know that I was never a child born naturally to my dad and mom. I was adopted. I have never told my parents that I know the truth about me not being their daughter. My aunt had told it to me. She was drunk and that day she was baby sitting me. She told it to me and the whole night I was crying. I cursed her for telling that to me. Ann for being their real daughter. Mom for hiding it from me. And dad for loving me this much even when I wasn't his daughter. Now that great man was dead and all because of me. I hated myself. I wanted to die. And I made up my mind to do exactly that. I feel around for a knife. It was a hospital. Certainly a knife had to be there. I don't find any.

“What are you looking for ?”

“A knife.”

That was my mom. I hadn't heard her walk in.

“Why do you want a knife, Amy?”

“To kill myself.”

“Amy !”

“Yes mom. I want to kill myself for killing dad.”

I start crying. She comes over and hugs me. I hug her back. I think of how much more worse my life would have been had it not been for my mom. She was trying so hard to be there for me. But I knew she won't be able to do that for long. She could never control her emotions. No matter what she tried to do. So I wipe off my tears and force a smile on to my face. I hope my mom smiles back. I can't see anything. It is just darkness around me. I imagine my mom in front of me smiling with tears on her eyes. I imagine the hospital's interiors too. It is hard to keep looking at blackness all the time.

“Mom ?”

“Yes, darling ?”

“Will I ever be able to see again ?”

My mom hears this and starts crying. I hold her hand and hug her tight. After hugging she goes out of the room. I needed some time alone. I understood that I never would be able to. I think. I think why I was the one alive and why my dad had to die? He is the most amazing man that I have ever met. I couldn't ask for more. And I was just a girl who was a nobody. The world needed my Dad's optimism, his brains. I keep thinking why me.

After hours I accept that my dad is dead now and that I am blind. I don't want to know why I won't be able to see. I just want to be there for my mom and my sister like how she was being there for me. So I decide not to die but to learn how to live like a blind person.

I hear the door open. My eyes had been closed. I look up. And then I realise that I can't see.

“Amy ?” It was my mom.

“Mom, I want to learn braille.”