🤍

•◦ ◦•

🫱🏾‍🫲🏽

"Can I get a 20 on pump 2?"

Somebody said coming up to the counter.

I rolled my eyes internally, but smiled. Taking the money, I placed it into the register. And tapped the button that would send gas straight to the second pump.

I flickered through several channels. Before landing on the local news station. I slowly used the remote to raise the volume on the tv.

Today was an unfortunate day for many of the residents here. So I couldn't be the only one tuning in to find out more. Even if that meant directing my attention away from the entrance.

"The deaths of two people at a home in northern Schuylkill County are being investigated as an apparent murder-suicide."

"...That's according to the county's district attorney."

The brownskin woman shifted in her tone.

"The coroner's office says 19-year-old Megan Beury and 20-year-old Tyanna Pickney were found dead with gunshot wounds at a home in Landsford on South Patterson Street."

"At this point, authorities are not providing any further information...."

"But the Autopsies were scheduled for Thursday night."

"More information is expected to be released as the investigation progresses..."

ARIANNA

ARIANNA

ꪖ᥅꠸

My heart ached as I watched the lifeless teen be taken away on a stretcher.

Her body helpless as the cameraman made it his duty to capture her image.

I clenched on to my phone that I was currently FaceTiming my friend on.

"What sick bastard would cheat countless amount of times on their girlfriend. And then murder her for wanting out of the relationship. But was to pussy enough to live with their decision."

So they killed themselves...

"If I can't have you, nobody can ever have you..." lookin ass.

My friend responded,

From the outline of a vehicle parking in front of the store. I hung up the phone realizing she was outside.

"Bro look at this shit on the tv."

I said directing my attention to my friend as she entered the gas station.