Chapter 15

It bothered Minjoo how it bothered her that she was bothered about what Yujin told her. Yeah, it was a pretty complicated thing. Not even Minjoo herself can explain it. Those are the kind of thoughts that keeps one awake at night. And for this matter, Minjoo

She didn't know if it was guilt that she was feeling since she failed her promise to Yujin. She was once again being a bad partner and a bad friend. It was one of the thoughts that concerned her but there was another one that occupied her mind: How did Yujin know she likes those kind of chocolates?

To be fair, Yujin did tell her that she sees her eating it in the cafeteria back when they were still in school. That somehow sums up how she knew.

Even with a good reason on why she most probably knew, Minjoo still couldn't get it off her mind.

Yujin has tons of admirers in their school. Any time of the day, you'll see a couple of them gushing over her and her friends. Even in the cafeteria, a lot of them tries to catch Yujin's attention. Without a doubt, those people would certainly do anything to get her attention. And by how Minjoo says anything, they would be ready to embarrass themselves in front of the whole school if they wanted to.

One time, a girl around Sakura's age "accidentally" tripped in front of Yujin just so she could help her up. Yujin did help her, that caused the girl to lose her balance again due to her excitement as she ended up falling for real this time.

To wrap it all up, Minjoo thinks she wasn't someone that one should pay attention to. Not when we're talking about of the most famous girls in school, not when it's the person she hates the most.

Sure, the contest did somehow change how she saw Yujin. She was (maybe) after all, different from how she perceived her. But on top of that, she'll never forget everything that Yujin did that made her school life harder. That was the only thought that kept her from giving Yujin the benefit of doubt that she is different from how she actually sees her.

Going back to the two, they were now in the kitchen trying their best to sort out the food that they bought. Turns out, having to arrange groceries that will last for two months was pretty hard. All the cabinets were on their full capacity that they had to put some of the items in the storage room upstairs. They made sure to put it in a plastic box so that it'll still be good after a few days. They also checked the expiration dates before buying the products.

"Alright. That's about everything." Yujin sighs, dusting her hands as she puts the last remaining items on the cabinet. "Let's take a breather, yeah?"

Minjoo nodded, also exhausted from all the packing that they did. They sat on the sofas in the living room, both too exhausted to start a conversation.

It was now dinner time after they finished packing. They got home at around 5pm, just the right time before the teachers start their headcount on which team still weren't there. They took a break for a while after getting home then decided to began putting away the groceries after and as a result, they just finished now.

"We still have to cook for dinner, won't we?" Minjoo asked. She was all ready to head to bed even without having dinner, too tired to eat one. Although she was sure her stomach spoke for itself as it growled the moment she mentioned 'dinner'.

"Mhm." Yujin answers.

Minjoo groaned, thinking that she won't be able to feed herself without food, slowly began to sit up. "I'll prepare something for us. I think I put a frozen pizza in my basket earlier. Will that be fine with you?"

Yujin gave her a tired thumbs up as Minjoo went to the kitchen, looking for the pizza. She found it after a few minutes of looking. The pizza was in a small box that contained four pieces in each box. It was the type of pizza that was to be put in an oven for it to cook. Minjoo thought it was easy to cook, even if she wasn't a good cook herself.