Chapter III - Glitched Echoes

Dior and Seilah quickly descended and went to their classroom. They entered and immediately grabbed Dior's phone from his bag then quickly exited. Suddenly, they stopped in their tracks upon hearing a glitch in the music.

They hurriedly run upstairs and paused upon seeing a monster in a distance, slowly moving as the music continued glitching until it totally shut off.

Without hesitation, they returned downstairs and took refuge in the near room, science laboratory.

"Oh my god, that was close!" Seilah sputtered.

"Let's just wait here until the music plays again."

"It literally glitched, I think it's broken or something."

Dior sat at a table. "The broadcasting room is near Riven, he'll do something for sure," he said, raising his phone trying to find a service signal. "It's hopeless."

She sighed. "Whatever... Can I borrow your phone?"

"Just don't mess with it," he replied, handing her his phone.

After a moment, Dior suddenly stood up from his seat and took the glass beaker from the table, catching Seilah's attention.

Her eyebrows knitted. "What are you doing?"

"Turn around, I'm gonna take a piss."

"Duh?" She gave an annoyed face.

Dior moved away and faced the wall, opening his zipper. "Mind your own business."

"Ugh, seriously?!" She grumbled in annoyance.

Disgust covered Seilah's face as she heard his stream hitting the glass beaker.

After a moment, Seilah turned to him, pointing the phone at Dior.

Dior heard a shutter sound, causing him to look back. "What the hell are you doing?"

She began teasing him, "Gonna post this on your Instagram with a caption like 'Pissing off in the lab because I got scared running away from the monsters'."

Dior didn't bother and simply raised his middle finger before placing the beaker back on the shelf.

"Give me back my phone," he demanded, striding toward Seilah.

Seilah tossed the phone to him. "Catch!"

"I almost dropped it! Are you try an idiot?!" he exclaimed.

Seilah, feeling parched, searched for something to drink nearby. "I'm so thirsty. I feel like I'm going to die from dehydration."

Dior playfully lifted a flask containing a chemical. "Wanna drink this?" He grinned mischievously.

Seilah responded by giving him a well-deserved middle finger.

Just as they were about to continue their banter, they suddenly covered their ears as the fire alarm rang.

Seilah furrowed her eyebrows, trying to make sense of the sound. "What was that?"

Dior pouted and shrugged. "Looks like something is on fire."

"Oh please... I don't want to die here with you."

"Well, at least you're going to die with a good-looking guy by your side." He said, playfully brushing up his hair. "Ughh... Who would've ever thought things like this would happen," he added, lying down on a table, looking up at the ceiling.

Later on, classical music filled the air once again, bringing a sense of relief to their faces. They promptly stood up, their eyes scanning the corridor with anticipation. There, a frozen monster loomed in the distance. Reacting swiftly, they hurriedly exited the laboratory, making their way towards the staircase. However, their hearts skipped a beat as they caught sight of the silhouettes of people descending the stairs. A wave of fear washed over them, only to be replaced by a glimmer of relief when they recognized Riven and his company.