Day 1: Bluer than the Seas

It was seven in the morning and Quinten had just gotten to school, mostly pissed off due to the unreasonable suspension the school had given him. He was already preparing for the upcoming year for god's sake. He passed the exams, submitted all requirements, and the last thing he knew was that his good moral certificate and transcript of records were taken back for some punishment his supposedly 'former school' just had to give to him. He knew very well that he could be a target of envy but he never thought that it would end up rather disastrous like this. Well, maybe he just had to deal with it. A year of suspension may be a waste of time but at least he had a reason to stay away from the mainland. Thankfully, his parents were kind and fortunate enough to buy him a studio apartment near the shores so that he wouldn't have to bother travelling the excruciating three-hour rowing of going back and forth to the mainland.

The school was fairly big, considering that only 1,265 students attended the lower year education and 65 employees they have, including teachers and maintenance staff. The Ashamadon Island doesn't really contain a whole lot of people so the community pretty much know each other by name or if not, by face. The school had two separate main buildings of five floors each and a one-floor elongated cafeteria. The first building, Mary Rose Building, is mainly for kids roughly at the age of 3-9 which whom studies at their respective grade levels. The second building, Albert Hall, is for the other students ranging from ages 10-17 and for the teacher's facility levels at the last floor. The only thing that separates both buildings would have been the cafeteria situated at the back of the buildings and the field which is technically the center of the entire campus. Quinten loved how the school was built since it was situated at one area but not too crowded. It also provided him with much comfort if he would have wanted to go to the other building to visit the kids who liked him a lot. The cafeteria itself was a great place to eat in, you wouldn't even bother bringing your own lunch since the food varies and tastes real good! Along with that, it was cheaper than it should have. Sometimes, students even question how cheap it is, knowing that importing goods from the mainland would have taken so much more money to get it in.

The red-head wasn't greeted fairly well with some additional news when he arrived in school either. No other people were there except for some of his teachers and some maintenance people. Suspension is very much of a shameful thing to happen to you if you were a student of any Ashamadonian affiliated community. Doing offenses that would cost you your grades, or their future as the community parents would want to exaggerate, just brings you much lower than the other students. This was sad enough but as he approached the school bulletin board, he grunted out of frustration.

"Really? The last room of Albert Hall on the fifth floor? Are they trying to kill me? Isn't that room supposed to be for detention students and not for suspension classes? Ugh." Quinten rubbed his temples as he sighed tiredly, his eyes slightly twitching knowing that they only had stairs to be able to reach to the top. Come to think of it, he still had a pretty heavy bag which would add up as additional weight for him. What can he do? Skip suspension? That'd put him into bigger trouble. So he did what good students did, he climbed the staircase and arrived to the room pretty exhausted.

Upon sliding the classroom door open, Quinten felt the change in temperature. The whole classroom felt like it just got out of an oven, the humidity accompanied by the direct sunlight just turned the classroom into an accessible hell. He took a deep breath and started to rub his temples again.

"They really are trying to fry me, aren't they? What other surprise do they have for me? Satan coming out of the ground to fetch me or some demons praising me to be their leader? Geez."