Chapter 1

The cycle

I've always been told cycles are dangerous but I never had proof so I never believed them.... until now.... It was just another day the same as always get up drink coffee have a bagel read the daily paper and drive to work through rush hour be 2 minutes late and get to my cubicle just before my manager walks through the door. Just like clockwork every day was the same until one strange occurrence. A strange man entered my office instead of my manager one day and gave me a card before leaving without a singular word. I set the card to the side before resuming my work investigating the strange things reported near the Xenon Corporation buildings. The clock struck 12 PM and I got up to go to the bathroom afterwards grabbing a cup of coffee like always. I got back to work until the end of the day at which point I packed up and drove home getting home at 6:04 PM like always. I remembered the card and grabbed it reading it over my eyes widened "you've gotten too close to the truth enjoy the Trailinam!" I felt a sting in my finger as I finished reading the noteI drop the card in surprise and look at my finger seeing a strange light blue spot on it which slowly started to spread to my confusion it reached my hand and I felt another sharp pain as it jumped to my other fingers and started spreading down my arm! I screamed as i swatted at the goo with my other hand just to feel a sharp pain on it in result! "DAMMIT!" I scream before collapsing in pain as the goo spread over my body shifting my bones and dissolving my skin hurting like hell until it covers my head and I black out.

The Swim

Its been a while since I had seen Rebecca which is odd since she is always following s routine down to the second. I went to her house and found it seemingly ransacked which scared me but I found a wierd letter covered in a minty green sludge. I decided to take it and leave her house calling the cops and explaining everything they recommended I go home but stay in contact so I went home but couldn't stop worrying. I've always swam to clear my head so I got some swimming gear and got in my truck before driving a short distance to a lake nearby where I got out and put on my swimming gear. Before hopping in the water and doing some laps. After a bit of time I was feeling better but I felt something poke my leg when I looked down I noticed the letter I had taken earlier so I pulled the now soaked letter out and tried to read it "too close enjoy Traniliam" is all I managed to make out before I felt a sharp prick in my finger causing me to drop the letter in surprise. I looked closer at my finger and notice a light grey spot on it that seems to start spreading. I rub my eyes believing it to be a trick of the light but that was a mistake. The spot spreads onto my face from my hand causing me to scream in both pain and shock and drop under the surface taking in a large breath of water which causes me to almost immediately pass out.The MealI hadn't heard from Rebecca or Christopher in a while so I had been getting worried my worry reached a peak when the police came knocking asking if I had seen Christopher lately I asked what was going on and they explained Rebecca's house was ransacked with no trace of where she went and Christopher had vanished soon thereafter. "Shoot I don't know but if he felt stressed he would have gone to lake monigol to clear his head" they thanked me for their time and set off to most likely check the lake. I went back into my house and sat down wondering what they had gotten themselves into this time. I decided I would cook to help me calm down like I always do. I get my kitchen prepared before pouring the ingredients into the mixer I notice the seal already broken on what I thought was a new bag of flour but just shrug as I must have opened it at some point. I whip up some pancakes with butter and blueberries on top before sitting down and digging in. I notice a small folded piece of paper in the food and pull it out and unfurl it"Sorry but we can't have any loose ends spouting off can we?"As I read the note my eyes widen as I realize a burning sensation in my throat and scream when a strange brown liquid seeps out of my mouth silencing me. It starts to spread over my body and I'm in immense pain so I decide to hit my head as hard as I can on the side of the table to escape the pain. I collapse to the floor after hitting my head spreading crimson onto my mahogany table and in a moment black out.

Where'd everyone go?

I get out of bed and stretch looking around. I don't see Tristy. He must've gone off to work early I swear that man of mine... I shrug it off and slip on a pair of slippers before stepping out of my small room and down the rickety old stairs. I walk into the kitchen and see what looks like butter on the ground along with some pancakes on the table with a bite taken out of them. Must've been in a rush thinking as I went over to the fridge and grabbed some strawberries. I open the package and eat a couple before I feel something weird in my stomach of course I get a stomach ache just before work I sigh and put the strawberries back before heading to the door and putting on my jacket I reach for the door and take a step forward but slip noticing some butter on the floor I yelp as I hit the ground. I go to get up but the feeling in my stomach intensifies into pure pain. I scream as my stomach tries to eat me from the inside out. "Ow what the fuck was wrong with those strawberries!?!" I scream while writhing in pain. I realize something odd and lift my shirt to see red splotches of skin with black dots spreading through my body. Am I seriously turning into a fucking strawberry?! I think humorously to myself not knowing how close to the truth I really was. I quiver in pain as the red spots suddenly accelerate and spread over my body at an alarming rate changing shade as it approaches my head and losing shade as it furthers away from my head. I resign to my fate and close my eyes before being consumed by the strange spots.