Prologue: Surprise Surprise

I love this pair so much! :3 And some others too. This is my first fanfic, so please be nice! Thank you! This chapter is from a little comic and credits to the one who made it. The picture ain't mine, credits to the artist.
<><><>[][][]{}{}{}()()()<><><>

"Ugh.."

Kageyama turned to Hinata, who was his lover currently as he tilts his head in confusion. Hinata was like this since the morning he woke up, he was grumpy and pouty, it made Kageyama curious and worried. Speaking of concern, Hinata looked concerned and saddened. Kageyama could understand that Hinata will miss the 3rd years, even he will too.

"What's wrong?" He asks, already having an idea what's wrong with his little giant.

Hinata turned to him, sighing. "It's just that, it won't be the same with the third years gone.."

Kageyama went quiet, he didn't know how to reply to that. He agreed it won be as the same as they were in first year, but they have to grow up.

"A-And.."

Hinata shuffled his feet, stopping as he fumbles with his fingers, his face quickly had gone red. Slightly glancing back towards his lover, Kageyama raises an eyebrow.

"We haven't told them."

Sighing, he looks up at the bright sky and found Hinata's hand, holding it securely.

"It'll be alright,"

Hinata just smiled.

As they approached the gymnasium, they heard familiar voices that was supposed to be gone now. Looking at each other's faces, they sprinted towards in the gymnasium, their eyes widening at the sight of the third years playing volleyball. Hinata jumped high, ecstatic and excited.

"Well, you guys are late," Daichi spoke, grinning as he held the ball.

Kageyama was amazed, they were just talking about them a while ago and here they were now. Hinata couldn't believed it, he was so happy that he could do spikes with Kageyama's tosses forever if he can right now.

"Daichi," Hinata said, staring at him for a while. Daichi just grinned again.

"Suga-san," He said, turning to Sugawara this time. Sugawara smiled.

"And Asahi-san!" Hinata said, jumping over and over again. Asahi laughed, getting overwhelmed to the overly-excited Hinata he knew.

"Hey, we're here too!" Nishinoya and Tanaka shouted, which Tsukishima snorted about and Yamaguchi laughed. Ennoshita just smiled, waving at the lovers which they greeted with a nod back.

Hinata laughed and nodded. Hinata went to the three third years and asked, "Did you guys fail your classes for us?!" Daichi had this aura which was really scary, Sugawara furrowed his eyebrows with a pout, and Asahi had this weird face. As if in instinct, Kageyama slapped his lover's head before Daichi could in the process.

"Of course we passed it!" Sugawara said, smiling as he passed the ball to Daichi. He, then, continued what Sugawara was going to say next. Grinning slightly, he said, "We have our ways, you know?" Asahi shivered at what Daichi said, shaking his head with a frown.

"It was a scary way, really," Asahi added, making Nishinoya looked at him weirdly as if asking, 'What is it?' But Asahi just laughed nervously shaking his head as if saying he won't say it. This made Nishinoya a little disappointed, ignoring Asahi's apologies. Daichi and Sugawara laughed while Tsukishuma rolled his eyes.

"So, you guys going to play or not?"

Sugawara asked, throwing a ball to Kageyama, which he caught. Kageyama stared at Sugawara, as they stare back at each other. Having their two setters stare at each other made Hinata's stomach flip, and he almost thought they were going to fight even though he knew they won't.

Sugawara grinned. "Game?"

Holding the ball in one hand, and the other gripping Hinata's hand secretly as Kageyama gave a small smile, successfully doing it without making an angry face. Hinata gazed up at him, determination evident on his face. Grinning, he looks towards their friends.

"Let's do this." They both said simultaneously.

All of them smiled at the two as they trained.

|TimeSkip|

Panting, Hinata moved out of the court, sitting at the corner and being followed by Kageyama. Tired, Hinata grabbed a bottle of water, gulping through its contents. Kageyama did it too, but just somehow sipping it a little. Wiping it, Kageyama leaned on the wall, watching as the other team players train.

"Hey, when are we going to say it?"

"What is?"

Kageyama, who had drunk another sip from his bottle, choked, somehow blushing. Hinata looked at the side, seeing Sugawara tilting his head in confusion as he held the ball. Asahi glanced at Sugawara, stopping by next to him. Then, after that little action, all of them were crowing the two in curiousness.

"What is it?"

Hinata blushed and glared at Kageyama, bumping his fist on Kageyama's shoulder, flustered.

"Don't just say it out loud!"

Kageyama rubbed his shoulder in pain and somehow managed a shrug, "It's true,"

Nishinoya got impatient, "What is?!" Asahi calmed him down somehow, but just a little. Hinata chuckled nervously, while his lover, being the way he is, had a frown and was glaring towards him. Hinata looked back at him as they silently bicker on who's going to say it. Deciding, Kageyama pushed Hinata forward as Hinata leaned back on his hands.

"U-Um.." Hinata blushed furiously, "We-We're.."

Kageyama sighed. Hinata gripped on Kageyama's hand.

"We're dating."

Silence was the only one they met.