100 Facts About Cody

I walked purposefully down the hallway of Toronto's foremost private boys school. My arms swayed back and forth to the momentum and I sported a playful smirk. I stopped in front of my locker and traded school work for my vintage Lord of The Rings lunchbox, and then checked myself out in the mirror on the inside of the door. I grinned; one of my canines is sorta twisted which creates a small gap, but my mom told me it added personality- something I tended to lack, she said. I pushed back my short light brown hair and the fringe that just barely reached my ocean coloured eyes just fell right back into place perfectly. Once I closed my locker door, a shadowed figure startled me with their presence. An athletic twelfth grader with platinum blonde hair grabbed my collar and sneered.

"What do we 'ave for lunch today, Grody?" His stern voice compelled my eye to twitch. My name is, in fact, Cody.

"H-heeey buddy! Sure, my lunch is all yours," I squeaked.

The bully snickered as he took off, leaving me lunch-less. I was left unscathed with only my heartbeat a little faster than usual. I closed my eyes for a second, gathered myself, forced a smile, and then chuckled to myself to try to cope with the whole display of embarrassment in front of everyone in the hall. I took a deep breath, and then carried on with a confident demeanor as I strolled down the hallway onward to my next class.

"Codester, over here!"

I stopped and turned to a familiar voice and three friendly faces waved me over. We sat in a small empty classroom that had a few posters of various historic figures on the walls and on the chalkboard read, 'Albert Einstein Fan Club'. As my compadres gorged on their bountiful lunches, my arms crossed over my stomach as it rumbled; they heard and gave me a puzzled stare.

"The deal with Malfoy continues," I proclaimed and then interrupted their imminent concern,

"Don't sweat it, I had a big breakfast, heheh."

My stomach rumbled again almost as if on cue. My portly buddy, Sam, offered some of his lunch with his mouth full. I glanced down at the lunch and cringed at the unhealthy selection of chicken fingers with plum sauce and ketchup, a pack of dunkaroos, an assortment of candies— a picture perfect meal my mom would never let me touch.

"N-no thanks... I'm good."

He studied my face. He knew my weakness. He held out a pack of Life Savers candy.

In chem lab it was apparent that my school had an excess of money. The classroom was full of top-notch expensive machinery and every kind of glassware and chemical ingredient you could imagine.

"So Code-meister, are we still on for that bet we agreed upon? We haven't heard anything regarding your progress on the matter," my foreign friend, Aaryan, asked.

I was beyond distracted whilst carefully melting potassium chlorate in a test tube on a bunsen burner.

"Uhh, deal...?"

"You said that you could sneak into Saint Clement's and bring us proof that you did it. You know, the all girls school? I'm not saying that you're not going to do it... but I haven't started writing my essay." David added.

He was my tall, lanky, so-called disciple.

"Yeah, you promised you would complete our final extended essays if you couldn't convince us!" Sam shoved a candy bar into his mouth seconds after he spoke. Maybe it was something they said, but I lost my focus. My jaw dropped and a single Life Saver fell out of my mouth and into my test tube. A loud BOOM startled the classroom as the chemical reaction between 'KCIO3' and 'C12H22011' (i.e. sugar) caused the room to fill up with purple smoke. As the fume hood cleared the room, I saw myself in the reflection of some of the metal machinery. I was covered in soot, but luckily my hair was still in-tact. I smiled apprehensively.