3.12 ~ Lunar Ellipse

I sat on the floor of the animal clinic as we waited for them to emerge. All of a sudden they all emerge from the ice bath as they keep gasping for air. I quickly stand up as we all turn to them. "I saw it. I know where it is." Scott says as he gets out of the tub.

"We passed it. There's-- There's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still big, though, very big." Stiles says in agreement.

"It was the night we were looking for the body." Scott says as he turns to me.

"Yeah, the same night you were bit by Peter." Stiles says as he points to him. "I was there too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison says in agreement.

"It was me. You almost hit me." Scott says as he turns to her. "We can find it." He says before turning to us. I look down as we all stay quiet. "What?" Allison asks confused. "You guys were out a long time." Isaac says nervously.

"How long is a long time?" Stiles asks as he turns to me.

"16 hours." I say worried.

"We've been in the water for 16 hours?" Scott asks in disbelief. "And the full moon rises in less than four." Deaton says in agreement.

~

I grabbed the towels from the side as we wrapped it around the three. Stiles next to me as I hugged his waist. Scott explaining to us that he has to go back to Deucalion. I shake my head and let go of Stiles as I walk towards him. "No. No, Scott, you are not going back with them." I say frustrated.

"I made a deal with Deucalion." Scott says as he turns to me.

"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?" Stiles asks annoyed. "Why does it matter, anyway?" Isaac asks confused. "Because I still don't think that we can beat Jennifer without their help." Scott explains to us.

"He trusts you more than anyone. Tell him he's wrong." Allison says as she turns to Deaton. "I'm not so sure he is. Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align yourself with people you'd normally consider enemies." Deaton says annoyed.

"So we're gonna trust him, the guy that calls himself death, destroyer of worlds? We're gonna trust that guy?" Isaac asks in disbelief.

"I wouldn't trust him, no. But you could use him to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait." Deaton says annoyed. All of a sudden we hear a door creak open making us all turn towards the noise. Stiles quickly walks over to me before wrapping his arm around me.

All of us walking towards the front to see Ethan standing there. "I'm looking for Lydia." Ethan says nervously.

"What do you want?" Lydia asks as she walks towards him. "I need your help." He says worried. "With what?" I ask confused. "Stopping my brother and Kali... from killing Derek." Ethan explains to us.

~

Stiles and I went back to his house where we could grab something of his dad's. Scott, and Isaac were back with Allison at her place while Lydia went with Ethan. Stiles and I were currently on the phone with Scott as we searched around his dad's room.

"Just grab anything."

"Boxers?" Stiles asks as he opens up the drawer.

"Stiles, I'm not smelling your dad's boxers."

"Socks?" I ask as I open up the drawer.

"Socks? Okay, I'll smell the socks."

I grabbed a pair of his socks before closing the drawer. Stiles grabs my hand and turns off the phone as we walk off. I quickly get in the jeep with him before driving off. The two of us drove in the middle of the night when all of a sudden we see a dark cloud in front of us. Thunder striking as Stiles holds my hand. I gasp and turn around to see the fog getting thicker. An animal running near us as we drive away. "Come on." Stiles mutters as he drives through.

All of a sudden we see a tree in front of us making us gasp in surprise. Stiles suddenly crashes into the tree knocking us both out.

~

After a while, I felt someone shaking me awake. "Y/n? Y/n/n, babe." Stiles says as he cups my face with his hand. I groan and blink my eyes to see Stiles hovering over me. "Stiles? What happened?" I ask quietly. "Crashed into a tree. The eclipse has started. We've gotta move." He says as he helps me up.

I take his hand as he grabs the aluminum bat from his trunk. The two of us running through the woods where we see a giant tree stump in the middle. Holes in the ground as we climb through it. Isaac using all of his strength as he tries to hold up the structure above him. "I can't do it. I can't hold it. I can't hold it. It's too much." Isaac says worried.

"It's too heavy." Allison says as she huddles next to her father.

The floor collapsing above them as Stiles grabs his bat before placing it under the dirt. I gasp in surprise as it holds up. Everyone turning to us as we stay silent. "I always said aluminum was better than wood." Mr. Stilinski says making us smile.

Stiles hugs his father as I turn around. "Mom!" I say before running up to her. She pulls me into a hug as I hug her back. "Y/n." She says quietly. The ground above us collapsing as we quickly pull away.

All of us huddled together as we waited for the storm to pass. I held onto my mom as we all looked up. The sound of the storm passing as we look between us confused.

"Is it over?" I ask confused.

I sigh and smile as we all start cheering. "Mom. You're okay." I say as I hug her again. "I'm okay." She says before hugging me again. All of a sudden my phone started vibrating making me take it out. "Scott?" I ask with a smile.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, we're okay. We're all okay. How about you, you okay?" I ask worried.

"Sort of."

"You think you can come get us?" I ask as I turn to the others.

"Yeah, of course."

"Great, okay. Um, uh, bring a ladder." I say making them all laugh. I smile and end the phone call as we all smile at each other. Stiles walks over to me before pulling me into a hug.

~

We were all back home now. I was currently in my room as I got ready for school. My mom is allowing our dad to stay with us temporarily.

"I honestly don't know if he's ever coming back, and part of me hopes so. But another part hopes that maybe he'll be okay somewhere else. Our dad doesn't look like he's gonna be leaving for a while."

I open my door confused to see my dad on the other side. "But just because he's staying..." I smile at him before closing the door in his face. "Doesn't mean he's welcome." Dad sighs before looking down on the ground.

"Stiles and I both feel it every day, just like you said we would, and it makes me think about that quote Jennifer used to start our first class. Because when I feel it, yeah, it's like... I'm looking into the heart of an immense darkness." Scott explains to him.

"So what do you do instead?" Deaton asks curiously.

"I look for my friends." He says with a smile.

I made my way to school where I saw Stiles. Isaac and Allison walked down the stairs together, Danny and Ethan were holding hands. Lydia and Aiden stood by the lockers. I smile and walk over to Stiles as he pulls me into a kiss. His hand holding mine as we walked towards Scott. I smile and put my hand on his back as he turns to me. Scott smiles and puts his arm around my shoulder as we walk away together.

"But what about Ms. Blake?" Deaton asks curiously. "I don't know. When we went back inside the distillery, her body was gone." Scott says worried.