Chapter 1:Another Day In Paradise

Authors Note:. im writing this as a pastime not because of any particular talent. Feel free to comment, criticize, vote, suggest , correct and like. All contributions are appreciated.
Also unedited so forgive the errors.

Im sitting at our table at the cafeteria. They call it the high table. It should be noted that i did not pick the name, they just call it that. i like to think of this world as my own personal chess board. i look at everyone, they're all my chess pieces, they all move around at my will. i wanted to rule over my empire like Caesar. i have it all but what next. i finish high school this year and then i leave all this behind.

Why do i feel like I've wasted my time as a teenager. I mean i love it..this..me. but suddenly it feels like I've just been going through the mechanics of living. A Nicki Minaj lyrics plays in my mind.. to live doesn't mean your alive. Im still alive but im barely breathing. What the hell.....

"Your face is slipping love". A familiar voice says these words and i school my features into my usual mask of detached happiness.

" You okay?" His name is Sam.

" Im fine." He's my boyfriend.... for all intends and purposes. He's great, amazing really. he's got humour down to a science, oozes charm, and most of all he is quite possibly the nicest person i know. This saying alot considering the fact that when you're an alpha( i didn't pick that name either). you know alot of assholes or end up being one of them.

" HEADS UP!!. #slelfie". Thank God i already had a smile pasted on my face. I hated pictures. Not that i looked terrible but I hated the fact that you had to look perfect in them. They wouldn't have created filters and shit if you didn't.
I put on my bitch look ,which by the way was a freakin work of art, and turned the full force of my glare to Tracy my bff sitting beside. She is already uploading the pic she had just taken to insta.

"WTF Tracy. You seriously need to get a life and stop graming all the time. It's really starting to piss me.... wait...slelfie?". She has a serious problem of inventing short forms and expecting everyone to know them.

She glances up long enough just to give me her own version of the bitch look. "So....you don't know what a slelfie is?". Unbelievable!!. She's such a bitch. Why am i friends with her again. Oh..yah. Im a bitch too.

I speak slowly and sing-songey like im speaking to a child. "Of course not peek-a-boo. Care to enlighten me?" She hates it when i do this.

"Spontaneous Lunchtime Selfie..#slelfie"

I know im asking for it but im bored so. " Booboo kitty?. Do you use all those short forms because you cant pronounce too many big words at a time?." I pout. " Were bffs you can tell me if you're..." i lower my whisper "challenged." The bell rings before she has time to reply then i realise what i said. we all wake up and go to our classes and we pretend that i didn't say a thing because its rude not to.