You will always be my priority 2.3

Sid: (still crying) Monu, I miss her. I really miss her. Mujhe pata hai, wo bhi miss karti hogi mujhe. Maine dekha tha apne liye pyar uski aankhon mein. To fir esa bhi kya ho gaya tha ki usne suddenly break up kar lia?
Humare beech mein differences ho sakte hai, thinking ke, lifestyle ke, perspective ke, but break up ke baare mein to maine kabhi socha bhi nahi. I thought we could handle them. Arguments honge, fights bhi hongi but at then end we will sort it. But this?? How? Why?

Monu was listening to him patiently. She decided today she will only listen to him and not advise him to do this or that. Just like he listens to her. She realised it is necessary to hear him out instead of telling him what to do or not to do. She kept rubbing his back, still hugging him tightly.

Sid: Woh ek baar baat to karti? At Least call hi kar leti? Relationship to hum dono ka tha na, then how could only she decide to end it? I get it ki uski problems thi, issues the, I get it!!
But maine to uska saath nahi chhoda tha. Maybe meri advice uske pov se sahi na ho, but iska matlab yeh to nahi ki wo mera saath chhod degi? Am I worth breaking up just over a text message?

By now Sid has started breathing heavily. Monami separated herself from him, removed his hold from the beer can and wiped his tears. She quickly brought a glass of water and made him drink it while rubbing his back.

After a few minutes, Sid seemed to be breathing normally and calmed down a little.

Sid: Tu yahan kese aayi? Mujhe laga tu so gai hogi.

Monu: Tujhe laga mujhe kuch dikhai nahi de raha tha subah se? Ya main ignore kar rahi thi?

Sid looked down but Monu cupped his face and made him look in her eyes.

Monu: Sid, mujhe sab dikhai de raha tha aur samjh bhi aa raha tha. Bas yeh samjh nahi aa raha tha ki tujhse kahu bhi to kya? Or kehna chahiye bhi ya nahi? Mujhe laga ki tujhe shayad thode space ki need ho aur baad mein tujhse baat karungi. But fir mujhse nahi raha gaya. Aur aa gai main apne bro ke paas.

Main nahi janti Sid ki main teri happiness wapis kese lekar aau. At least abhi to nahi janti. Bas itna pata hai ki agar raasta pata chal jaye to chahe wo kitna bhi mushkil ho, main uspe chalungi zarur. Aur tujhse yeh bhi nahi keh rahi ki main samjh sakti hu tu iss waqt kya feel kar raha hai, because main shayad nahi samjh sakti. Mere paas abhi koi way nahi hai tera pain kam karne ka.

Aur haan. Ek baat acche se samjh le Sid, meri life mein chahe jo ho jaye, koi bhi aa jaye, You will always be my priority. Ho sakta hai humesha tere paas na rahu, par saath humesha rahungi. Teri jagah main kabhi kisi ko nahi de sakti Sid, I repeat, kisi ko bhi nahi.

Ab isse zyada senti baatein mujhse nahi hongi. Chal rona band kar ab. Aur sone chal.

Sid chuckled making Monami smile.

Sid: (flicking her forehead) Moti Billi! Mujhe bol rahi hai, pehle to khud to chup hoja, kabse roe ja rahi hai.

Monu realized that she too had started crying and was not even aware of it. Sid wiped her tears as she stood up and pulled his hand to make him stand. But Sid didn't move.

Sid: Monu mujhe neend nahi aa rahi hai, room mein ajib sa suffocation ho raha hai. I don't want to disturb Balaji bro.

Monami sat down and sighed.

Monu: To fir kya kia jaye ki tujhe neend aa jaye.

Sid kept his head in her lap and an idea struck Monami.

Monu: Chal apni aakhen band kar.

Sid quietly closed his eyes and Monami began caressing his hairs softly. She closed her eyes and remembered what her mother used to do to make her sleep when she was a kid. She took a deep breath and began singing.

(Listen to this song)
https://youtu.be/-oHZCzpQG2w

Surmayee Ankhiyon Mein
Nanha Munna Ek Sapana De Jaa Re
Nindiya Ke Udate Paakhi Re
Ankhiyon Mein Aaja Saathi Re
Raa Ree Raa Rum O Raaree Rum

Karan was standing at the door lost in Monami's melodious voice. He had witnessed Sid's emotional outburst a few minutes ago and then Monami's assurance to him. And he was genuinely very happy to see the two friends taking care of each other. He was more proud of Monami when she said that Sid would be her priority and that nobody could ever replace his position in her life.
They were the best example of what true friendship is.

---------------------------------------------------
THE END

So, here is the last part for this TS.

Please vote if you like it.

Any feedback through comments are most welcome.

Apologies for any grammatical and spelling mistakes.