Haircut

What will be Ram's reaction when he gets to know that his newly wedded wife is going to get a Haircut

Shivi's presence in the Sood family had changed things drastically in some context. Like all the girls going to the beauty salon on a regular basis. It had somehow become a ritual to go out on weekends. Priya on the other hand would always have some or the other excuse ready on why she was busy. But today Sandy, Shivi and Sara had decided to straight away go to the Kapoor mansion and catch her off-guard.

It was no surprise when they found Priya in the kitchen cooking food and doing some errands here and there. They dragged her to her room while convincing her to get ready and go with them. At the same time, Ram after completing his work in the study came back to his room and found his sister and the 3 Sood sisters arguing over something. So he decided to butt in and poke some fun at his wife. "Guys kitna shor macha rakha hai. Maana ki Priya ke lecture unbearable hote hain but please baaki log kaam krte hain. Unhe to disturb mat kro" he taunted.

Sara burst into laughter and Priya hit her shoulder slightly to stop her from giggling as she replied to Ram in an irritated tone "Main kisi ko koi lecture nahi de rahi". Shivina finally answered to clear his question because they all knew both of them would start bickering if no one intervened "Wo actually hum sab salon jaa rahe hain. To humne Pri di ke liye bhi appointment le li. Pr ye mana kr rahi hain."

"Guys mujhe ye sab pasand nahi hai. Aur mere pas inn sab faltu ke kaam ke liye time nahi hai" Priya tried to convince them. "Busy, Huh!!" Ram muttered to which Priya looked at him as if she would throw daggers at him. "Aree please leke jao isko. Koi kaam nahi hai ghar pe aur mujh par bhi daya kro. Thoda peace milega ek din mujhe lecture se." He completed

Sara, Shivi and Sandy laughed but soon got back on track to convince Priya. "Chal na Priya! Maza aayega and humne tere liye spa, haircut, manicure ki booking krwa li hai. Ab nahi jayegi to paise waste honge." Sara tried her usual tactic to convince Mrs Paise bachao Kapoor.

Ram's brain was immediately alerted when he heard the word haircut. "Haircut, matlab haircut ki kya zarurat hai." He stammered to complete his sentence as everyone looked at him with curiosity. "Zarurat to hai! Pri di ko khule baal mein garmi lagti hai. To haircut kra lena chahiye. Aur chote baal ache lagenge aap pe Pri di" Sandy interrupted which irritated Ram.

"Aur waise bhi Jeeju isme aapka he fayda hai. Aap he kehte ho ki aap ko Pri di se dar lagta hai jab wo baal tie krti hain. To baal chote ho jaenge to problem solved." In this moment this loving sweet Sandy seemed like a lawyer who had all the arguments prepared to win this case. Ram was at loss of words. He had no argument left and the way Priya was looking at him it was better he left or else she would kill him.

"Fine jo krna hai kro. Meri ek meeting hai main office ja raha hun" he said and left before anyone could question him on which meeting he had on Sunday. And Priya finally relented and they all went for their appointment.

30 minutes later, Ram was sitting in his office wondering whether Priya would get the haircut done. He loved her hair. It had low-key become an obsession. He had never admitted this to himself but he had known this from quite some time. They were so silky that he could not resist but touch them any time he got a chance.

After much speculation and anxiousness, he finally decided to text her even though he was not sure whether she would listen to him. "Baal zyada chote mat krwana"

And then he sent another message "Matlab ho sake to mat he krwana"

And then another "Matlab at the end marzi tumhari hai"

And then another "Main to apna opinion de raha tha. Chote baal mein aur bhi strict lagogi"

And he was going to type another message but he stopped himself. "Bas kr Ram. Puri kitaab likhega kya. Aur upar se self respect ki dhajiyan bhi udwa raha hai ye btake ki tujhe farak padta hai" his inner voice tried to reason with him. And he decided to switch off his phone to distract himself from all this.

Priya smiled to herself as she looked at his texts. She knew he liked long hair. They had enough encounters which proved that he liked her hair. From the moment Sandy had said the word she was noticing his expressions. Least to say he was unhappy and all flustered. And then suddenly an idea popped in her head. Ram was surely going to seethe in anger. She smiled viciously.

5 hours later, Priya finally reached home. Sandy, Sara and Shivi had left after dropping her home. Ram who was impatiently pacing was stunned when Priya entered the room. His face fell immediately as he saw her hair. Her tresses were just long enough to reach her shoulder. Priya could see the disappointment written all over his face. More than the haircut, Ram was disheartened by the fact that she had ignored his wish. "Haan sahi bhi hai, main hun he kaun jo meri baat maanegi" He was busy in his internal monologue when he heard Priya ask "Mr Kapoor, mera naya hairstyle kaisa hai"

"Theek hai" he muttered without looking and decided to just change and go to bed. He wanted to forget this nightmare of a day. But Priya was keen on continuing the conversation. "Aree aise thodi, idhar dekh kar btayiye. Aap apna honest opinion de sakte hain." Priya goaded him. Ram who was already irritated finally let his thoughts out "Bilkul ache ni lag rahe hain. Itne ache baal the. Sab khrab kr liye. Agar krane the to thode se trim kra leti. Ye kya krwa liya hai."

"Aree itne ache to hain. Sabne mujhe compliment kiya. Aur waise bhi ghar ki kheti hai, dubara bade ho jaenge" Priya replied. "Haan to rakho na dusron ke compliments, mujhse kyun puch rahi ho. Tumhe na hitler hone ka award milna chahiye. Matlab maine tumhe message bhi kiya. Tumne wo bhi ignore kr diya." Ram said with disappointment

Seeing his face all red, she could not control herself anymore and burst into laughter. "Haan haan hasso, aur hasso. Apni stupidity pe hasso. Bilkul ache nahi lag rahe hain" He said and Priya finally took out the wig to reveal her long hair which were in a bun like shape to keep them hidden. Ram frowned as he looked at her while she continued laughing at him.

"Rubbish prank!! What nonsense!" he muttered but deep inside he sighed in relief to see her hair intact. "I know aapko lambe baal "bade ache lagte hain" aur aapko unse dar bhi nahi lagta. To nahi kraya haircut" Priya finally ended his anguish.

She never had any opinion on beauty related stuff so she usually agreed to everything her sisters planned. But this time it was different. She constantly refused them and tried to get them off her back to not get a haircut. Even before she read his messages she knew he did not want it. But when she saw his messages, for the first time she felt like someone cared. A man thought about her, not to hurt her or demean her but to appreciate the way she was. And that man was her husband. She did not know when but she had started reciprocating this care and did not want to admit it but she cared about his opinion.

"Hello, kahan kho gayi" Ram snapped his fingers to break her chain of thoughts. As he said that he unclipped the pins on her hair, letting her hair flow freely. "Aise achi lagti ho" he said as he looked into her eyes and tucked a loose strand behind her ear. Ram saw her smile slightly. "No this is not a delusion. She smiled!!" he thought to himself. In that moment he decided this would definitely be his favorite thing to do.

The guy who never thought anything as his right was finally able to demand something from his wife. The girl who never thought she could be loved was finally getting used to the compliments showered upon her by her husband . This marriage of trust was slowly turning into something more than that....