Chapter 1

Everytime i sleep, I have nightmares about my parents car accident," says kai to his therapist.
"It's normal kai it was a traumatic part of your life. You can't keep feeling guilty about it kai," said the therapist.
"I know but if I never distracted them while they were driving they would be here," sobbed kai.
Mrs. Todd, Kai's therapist, comforted him and told him "They wouldn't want you torture yourself for something like that". Kai nodded and the rest of the session when smooth. A hour later, Crystal, Kai's aunt, came to pick him up from his therapy session with Mrs. Todd. As kai got in his aunt car he waved goodbye to mrs. Todd.
"So how did it go," she asked kai before they pull off.
"It went good she comforted me a lot and gave me some advice," he said .
"Well that's good to hear also Carly is back," she says while driving.
Carly is the only friend I got since I been staying for aunt crystal the last few years. Carly knows about my situation but not too much. She also gives strength to me when I need it even if her parents despise her for not wear her hijab. She's not much of a rule follower. We balance each other out to say the least.
As we sit at the red light I hear singing come from the new lounge place with a flyer on the window for amateur night there next week. After I saw that I texted Carly to meet me at our spot in 30 minutes. She responded I'll be there. As we pull up get out off the car, Carly is on the porch swing. "Hi Carly how you been this summer," asked aunt crystal. "I'm good crystal thank you," she said smiling. I looked at her smiling and aunt crystal peeped me smiling. "Well I leave you two alone for now," she said as she walk inside the house. Carly and I hugged before walking to our hangout spot In the backyard. She fill me in with what's going on in her life and I did the same. We entered the our spot which is basically a loft guesthouse. I cut the lights and air on as Carly sat on the couch.
"Now what was the texted about kai," she asked.
"Well the new lounge is hosting amateur night next week and I wanna do it," I said.
Go for it but sneaking pass your aunt is tuff, she said.
"Not if I got my bestfriend help," I said hugging her. She laughs in agreement and help me narrow down songs to do a cover of. After a hour of debating, we decided it was between love on the brain and figures. She went home after I rehearsed the songs due to first day of senior year is tomorrow. I went took a shower hoping to get sleepy and it help a lil. As I wrapped a towel around my waist, while getting out of the shower . I walked to the living room to lock the door before I went to the upper part of the loft where my bed and clothes are.
As I walk up the stairs I hear it started raining outside. I dried off and throw on some Calvin Klein underwear to sleep in. Within 10 minutes of getting in my bed I fall asleep and it's peaceful. My phone alarm goes off snatching me from my blue dream. "Its 5 in the morning ," I said while rubbing my eyes .
I got up out of bed and started getting dressed. After I fixed me some eggs and toast with a Cup of coffee. As I ate I texted Carly to pick me up. After I ate I went to brush my teeth and do my skin routine. I look in the mirror to see how I look. I have on a black t-shirt with a red plaid shirt over the black shirt all the way unbuttoned and a pair of denim jeans with some Oreos.
I sat on couch and watched a little tv in the main house while waiting on Carly.
Suddenly, I hear a car horn blowing without a doubt I know it's Carly. Rushed out the door with my book bag not before locking the door. As I climbed into her car , she asked ", are you ready the first day of hell." "No," I replied as she drive off. "That's shocking from you seeing u got a 3.9 GPA," she said sarcastically. "Oh shut up, " I snapped. "Honestly think about it's our last year of high school and you never date or anything," she stated. Which is true I honestly just never seen anyone who caught my eyes , hopefully it's different this year. "Hell I know," I hissed at her. As we arrived we see some unfamiliar faces on the steps of school. I also spotted Carly's gf, Maria waiting on us to park. As we park and get out Maria walked to us. "Hi babe and Kai," Maria said before kissing Carly. "Get a room, " i said while we walked through the parking lot. Maria chuckled and told us about the new students that are here this year.