CHAPTER I - A Dream (Introduction)

"Where am I?" I asked in confusion. I walked around, looking for somebody to help me. The air was cold, wind being blown through every strand of my hair. The sky was bursting with all sorts of colors. I noticed a bush, slightly twitching.

"Who's there? Come out!" I yelled. A young boy– about my age– crawled out from behind the bush. His eyes widened. He stood up,

"No, who are you? It's just me and my family in this world, where are you from?" The boy exclaimed. His hands were shaking in nervousness.

"I'm Venus, Venus Lara." I spoke softly. He turned his head to the side.

"Two names? That's strange." He said. I walked closer to him.

"No, Lara is my last name. Venus is my first. My middle name is Jazmin." I explained. He still looked just as confused.

"Well, my name is Topaz, just Topaz. I don't have a special last name like you do." He stated firmly. I chuckled. I began hearing a voice calling my name.

"What's that voice?" Topaz asked. I looked down, my legs were beginning to disintegrate. I screamed.

"Oh my... what's happening to you?" Topaz exclaimed. All my limbs were beginning to fall apart. Soon, all I saw was Topaz running towards me, and then I fell asleep. I woke up in my bed, my mother standing above me.

"Venus, you were knocked out cold!" My mother yelled. I began panicking. I reached over to the side of bed and grabbed my phone, it was already afternoon. I quickly got up and rushed to the kitchen. I poured myself some cereal and quickly ate.

"Venus, talk to me. Why are you acting this way?" My mother asked. I threw my bowl into the sink with the other dishes.

"I can't talk, I'm already late for school." I said. I grabbed my backpack and rushed outside. I ran on the sidewalk, hoping to make it to school in time. I arrived at school, five minutes late. I barged into my classroom.

"Well, Ms. Lara. Late again. Take a seat, you'll also take the first seat in detention for the next week." My professor said. I sat down in my usual seat, barely awake. Next thing I knew, I was asleep. I opened up my eyes, welcomed by the embrace of Topaz.

"You're back! Venus, you're back! I thought you were dead!" He exclaimed. I sat up,

"Topaz, where are we?" I asked. Topaz shrugged,

"I don't really know, my mom never told me where we lived. Where are you from?"

"If you're asking about the planet, I live on Earth. Sure wherever you live is on Earth." I said sarcastically.

"Earth? Never heard of it." Topaz said. I ignored the response since I thought it was a joke. I then felt the same way I felt the last time I started to disappear.

"Awh, not again!" Topaz yelled.

"I-I'll see you later, Topaz!" I yelled before the world went dark again.