Come Back To Me

4 years, 1460 days, 35040 hours, 2,102,400 minutes and 126,144,000 seconds

4 years, 1460 days, 35040 hours, 2,102,400 minutes and 126,144,000 seconds. 13,558 kilometers away from each, 12 hours difference but it seems that the distance didn't made their relationship falter.

Ever since Anj decided to go back to Manila to pursue her career after her residency, Ethan wanted her to pursue her dreams. As much as he wanted to be selfish, to have her every single day, he knew that her career development was very much important to her and he wouldn't let himself stand in the way for her to achieve her dreams. But they didn't want to end their relationship, especially since it was only starting out, so they made a pact. Anj would pursue a career outside Ethan's shadow for at least 3 year and if after that she still felt Edenbrook was the place for her he would welcome her with open arms.

Her career blossomed when she was in Manila. Ethan was there when Anj became an awardee of TOYM Philippines and when she gained worldwide recognition for her work when she established a Diagnostics Team in a government hospital to help the indigents especially those who have nowhere to go in her country. While Anj was also there when Ethan became a key speaker for one of AMA's conferences. She was also there when he won the AMA Scientific Achievement Award.

He fulfilled his promise of visiting her two times a year, and Anj would also try to do the same for him. The two of them are lucky if they would see each other more than twice a year. On most occasions, the two of them would be seeing each other through the phone with either one of them going to bed or waking up to prepare for work.

And every time one of them would be visiting the other, his apartment and her house was a safe haven for them. A sanctuary where only two of them can hide away from the hospitals they both work and away from the prying public eye. Every single time they spend together feels precious. Something that could be gone in a blink of an eye. They spend most of their time lying in the bed while tangled up in sheets. They put marks on each other like a tattoo on their skin. Their moans and groans are forever etched in their brain. But their hearts would always beat together as one. And after that they hold each other in their arms hoping that this would last forever.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Today was definitely not Ethan's day. He had to endure meetings with pharmaceutical companies and the board. On top of that he also had a meeting with Bloom. Right now, all he wanted was to go home and have some peace and quiet and to talk to Anj before he goes to bed.

Ethan's currently standing in the nurse's station waiting for the results of DT's patient, when he hears a commotion in the hallway. He recognized the people who caused it. It was Anj's friends and their noise was contributing to the stress he was feeling.

He was about to march towards them and tell them that this is a hospital and not a park when he saw her hugging Sienna. He couldn't believe his eyes that Anj was here back in Boston and she was here in Edenbrook. Finally their eyes met and she gave him a sweet and knowing smile that only the two of them know.

"Welcome back, Dr. Valentine. I missed you so much. The hospital and staff missed you as well."

"Why thank you, Chief. I'm definitely happy to be back here. Thank you for offering me the position of the Diagnostics team head, I just hope that I can give justice to it and to make you proud as well."

"Knowing you, Anj. I know that you will excel and put on your best foot forward as the head of the Diagnostics Team. Not that I'm biased and all but no one can ever compare to the standard you have set and I'm proud of you."

After Anj has settled her things in the Diagnostics team office. She and Ethan went and picked up her things in the Airbnb she stayed in and went home to their shared apartment.

When they arrived Ethan noticed that Anj was very much exhausted due to her 20 hour trip and jet lag and decided to postpone his plans for the night.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

The following morning, Ethan gently leaves featherlight kisses on Anj and she wakes up only to see Ethan kneeling on the side of her bed and sneakily trying to slip on the most gorgeous Tiffany ring on her ring finger. Anj was shocked and ecstatic to see the ring on her finger. "Ethan," she whispers

Tears were falling down from her eyes as Ethan spoke, "My love, I know that our relationship has been through a lot and I'm not good with expressing myself romantically but for the past 4 years I've found myself falling in love with you more and despite the distance between us during those times I realized how stronger we became. Now that you're back here for good there is one question that I've been meaning to ask, Mia Regina Angelique Valentine, will you do the honor of being my wife and partner for life"

"Yes, Ethan! I will marry you. A million times yes." as more tears stream down.

She pulled him up to her and wrapped her arms around his neck before kissing him passionately leaving the two of them breathless

"I don't want you to leave me again, Anj."

"I'm never leaving again. I'm here," as she brushed her thumb on his jaw.

"That's why I never gave up on you and on us because I knew you would come back to me."

"I would always come back to you, Ethan, because I'm yours." 

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

The two of them tangled up in the bed relishing their sated bliss. Euphoria and love traversing between the two of them, neither one of them wanted to leave their own little bubble.

"I love you," Anj pressed a kiss on Ethan's jaw before nuzzling her head in his neck.

"I love you more, baby. Thank you for making me the happiest man."

A few more moments of silence and then, "You do realize, Ethan, that you're stuck with me for life." The statement didn't go unnoticed by Ethan making him elicit a deep chuckle before he replied

"And I wouldn't have it anyway. It's you and me."

"Always."

"Always."

Finally, the two of them know that they will always end where they were meant to be. . . . . in each other